Ranking
Original Post
Laptop may be dying on me, help? [SOLVED]
Today is a sad day.
My old companion, my laptop may be on its last legs.

Recently I've had a couple of problems arise which I've never seen before, detailed as follows:
1) Sometimes after opening the laptop and waking it from sleep mode, the screen stays blank for a while, followed by the fan going absolutely berserk for no apparent reason. Login screen never appears, have to remove battery or hold down the power button to switch it off.
2) Usually after #1 above, but sometimes without provocation the laptop fails to boot after being turned back on again. As in, the screen turns on but I don't even get to the boot screen where you can hold different buttons to get to the BIOS etc. The only fix for this seems to be turning the laptop on and off until it finally works, which may take anywhere between 2-10 tries.
3) Mouse cursor is flickering in and out of existence, as though even my laptop's touchpad is frying itself.

1 & 2 are probably the same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. My laptop's still under warranty, but not sure if I can claim over this.

Help would be very much appreciated, and I can provide additional details if needed.
Last edited by 4zb41; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Maybe it's the dust inside. Try opening your laptop and cleaning the dust. Hope it helps.
Definitely not Josh Lintag
Opened up the laptop this morning, very little dust.
Pumped air through it just in case.

Hasn't done it since but that might just be luck...
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Today is a sad day.
My old companion, my laptop may be on its last legs.

Recently I've had a couple of problems arise which I've never seen before, detailed as follows:
1) Sometimes after opening the laptop and waking it from sleep mode, the screen stays blank for a while, followed by the fan going absolutely berserk for no apparent reason. Login screen never appears, have to remove battery or hold down the power button to switch it off.
2) Usually after #1 above, but sometimes without provocation the laptop fails to boot after being turned back on again. As in, the screen turns on but I don't even get to the boot screen where you can hold different buttons to get to the BIOS etc. The only fix for this seems to be turning the laptop on and off until it finally works, which may take anywhere between 2-10 tries.
3) Mouse cursor is flickering in and out of existence, as though even my laptop's touchpad is frying itself.

1 & 2 are probably the same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. My laptop's still under warranty, but not sure if I can claim over this.

Help would be very much appreciated, and I can provide additional details if needed.

Had similar problems on my desktop PC - was caused by corrupted RAM memory, had to take broken one off and it was working fine.
Better off to take it to a shop and get it fixed. To me it sounds like your motherboard has a virus sitting on it and slowly fucking up the motherboard.
Or, it could also be due to overheating.
Best bet, take it to a shop and have it looked at.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
first you gotta check your laptop it could be anything
1.remove the battery and turn the laptop with the charger and then do a battery test or what everr they call it
2.check if its a hardware or software problem so if you want an easy way just download upentu-linux from the internet its soo small
and then put it on the laptop and open without installing
3.if its a hardware problem laptops are hard and not a good way to fix so the main company or shop would be better(because if you opened it the warrenty will go)
4. if its a software problem then you should reinstall your windows or repair it
5.if all didnt work take it the shop or to the company to repair it
6.if all that didnt work JUST BUY A NEW ONE!
ps:repair is this how:
1.open laptop
2.press f? to boot menu(it should appear on the corners
3.press f8 on the harddisk that have the windows
4.a long menu with choises should appear
5.click on repair
6.done
battery tester
a:any windows program(would be better)
b:at the bios menu there should be battery something
INB4 14 days ban
Well it's been working more or less fine since I last posted, with the problem only showing up once since I last posted.

My laptop's locked up tighter than a nun's panties with antivirus and firewall programs, so I'm inclined to say it's a hardware issue that appears to be aggravated by bumping the laptop around during travel.
It's been working better since I gave it a clean, and I've decided I'll buy a new one if the problem starts getting serious.