ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
In september 2012 it is belived that the world may come to an end,

The reasoning in this is That the Aztecs had a map, It started from the beginning of time and ended smack on September 2012,
There are many theories on how it will happen and why,

So please discuss
inb4 hall of shame

Dude, these topics have been in hall of shame alot.

And btw it might not even happen.
I watched a TV show about it and it looks all believable etc.

Except if you ask actual aztec/mayans. They deny the credibility of this date being the end of the world and contribute all of the prophecies to western worlds and powers.

(I hope this gets closed btw)
It would've been quite a chore to make a "map" from the begging of time all the way to the end of time . . .
Last edited by MrPoptart; Oct 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM.
lol, people thought the earth was flat long ago.
this was suppoused to happen on 2001
I'm just stating facts.

Besides, that 2012 movie is about what is suppoused to happen, I am going to go see it.
It's not September, it's the winter solstice, December 21'st. (Oh, it's also the Mayan Calender, not Aztec)

Fact
The Earth/Sun/Center of the Galaxy will all align on that date, no one really knows what this will cause, most likely nothing, but some scientists say a polar shift may occur.

Assumption
Mayans have oob3r hax and can predict when the world will end. The reason why some of this is believed is because they were able to accurately predict eclipses thousands of years in the future. Also, they supposedly made a prediction that white bearded gods would come upon their land, and on the exact date they predicted that, Spanish conquistadors came on their land.

False
Asteroid

The farthest observed asteroid is approximately 4,536,358,827,000 kilometers away. Now, assuming that this 'Death Roid' must be beyond this in order to be invisible, and that it is set to hit in 4 years, we can extrapolate a speed. 4,536,358,827,000 km/4 years.

1,134,089,706,750 km/year
8,760 hours/year
129,462,295 km/hour
1,079,252,848 km/hour (Speed of light)
12% SOL

So, the asteroid is going at about 1/8 the speed of light. Let's put this into perspective, shall we?
It's going 1,784 times faster than a supernova's explosion.
It's going 2,740 times faster than the fastest recorded asteroid.
It's going 334,652 times faster than a bullet.

I've heard reports that the size of the asteroid is near-earth sized. Let's assume this is an outlier, shall we? To accelerate the largest known asteroid towards Earth at that speed would require 940,050,815,664,960 newtons of force. That's 6,404,313 times the force of the Hiroshima bomb.
the god
If it is going that fast, it will burn up in the atmosphere before it hits earth surface.
No, that is basically the OPPOSITE of what would happen, it would blast through the atmosphere so fucking fast it wouldn't even get close to burning up.
the god