Ranking
Original Post
2000$ computer?
I want to buy a computer with 2000$.

I want it to be able to smoothly run Starcraft 2 and such games with other programs on like firefox if it can...

I'm going to buy seperately a desktop, keyboard, mouse, etc.

Just really fast, built for gaming, but can still do hw and stuff.

Thx.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
There is a way to build your own computer and pick what kind of stuff you want on it.
Originally Posted by Aoc View Post
Buy alienware, best shit you'll never find.

No, just no.

The best option is to build your own computer. You get the most bang for your buck that way.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
No, just no.

The best option is to build your own computer. You get the most bang for your buck that way.

Agreed
Buy a good new processor, new video card, a new external hard drive, and whatever else you can think of. Don't blow all your cash.

With what I just said, it will cost you about.... $200-$500 (USD).
-----
EDIT:

Ninja'd
Last edited by Tubba75; Feb 10, 2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Tubby Tubba's Tubby Textures!
Cheap, Decent Cartoon Heads!
Originally Posted by Aoc View Post
Buy alienware, best shit you'll never find.

Silly, Alienwares are pure shit.

Now with $2000, i would try to build a computer. Search around, be sure to have good processor, GPU etc. Try not to blow it all though. $2000 is quite a bit of moolah
Really? Are you kidding me? There's a sub-forum labeled "COMPUTER/MOBILE CHAT" why post in gaming chat?

Och, whatever. Moved. 2k can get you a legit system, just talk to a computer store guy about your budget and what you want from it and he cann do it for a small fee. Or do it all yourself. Or have people here do it.
My brother built his own and it runs starcraft 2 at best quality.

Can can also run WoT at full quality too.
A $700 computer can run SC2 at max graphics. My computer cost around 1.5k and is 3 years old, and it can run SC2 at max graphics. You are grossly overstating your needs.

There is no way you *NEED* a $2k computer.

Lets have a look at what you want;
1) Smooth gaming
2) Firefox
3) Suite of 'office' programs for homework etc

So what do you require for that?
1) Any graphics card that is mid-top range over the last 3 years, 4gb RAM, at least 2ghz processor, preferably quadcore.
2) A piece of shit that you find on the side of the road can run firefox
3) Anything with internet access can use docs.google, so no problem there

So lets break down the elements you will need;
- Motherboard
- CPU
- Graphics Card
- RAM
- Hard Drive

What Mobo will you need? Well I ain't too flash on Mobos, generally I just ask a guy in a shop wtf I need.
CPU? 2-3ghz quadcore will be fine for you
Graphics? You are going to hear a lot of "NVIDIA > ATI" or vice versa. Really it doesn't matter. You get either and you will notice no difference, all the issues with ATI drivers are in the past, and all the Nvidia issues with woodscrews are in the past. Any card that is later than a 200 series for Nvidia (a 285 or whatever are great), and for ATI, shit I don't even, a 4000 series or later I guess.
RAM? 4gb is fine, 8gb is better.
Hard Drive? Start with half a tb, you can upgrade easily. If you see another drive on special may aswell grab it. You don't need anything special like a Momentus (although you would benefit and they are not that expensive), and you definitely don't need something excessive like an SSD (although ofcourse, you will benefit, though they are prohibitly expensive).

Do not spend $2k on a computer.