Toribash
Original Post
Why do i have to have steam for new flames?
First of all the question above.

Second. I have to download steam, right? Then toribash off steam or idk.

What is this steam btw?
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
First of all the question above.

Second. I have to download steam, right? Then toribash off steam or idk.

What is this steam btw?

Steam is a platform where you can buy licences for a lot of games.

yes, you have to download steam (for free) and then toribash (for free)
[TLL]
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Steam is a software developed by valve (the people who made half life, counterstrike etc.) and its a platform where people can release their games, for good prizes and in a proper enviorment so everything is safe and trustworthy.
even bigger publishers use steam to distribute their games and so does toribash to hit a wider base of players, because, lets be real, who goes through the internet and to search for a certain game hours upon hours to find something?
on steam you have nice and quick filters to find games of your liking. toribash uses that to their advantage to reach more players.

steam is free.
toribash on steam is free.
Last edited by Unicorn; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Ummmmmm, I've literally no idea what you're talking about but Im pretty sure about 3/4 gamers know what steam is.

Secondly, you're talking about flames. Apparently, all flames work with both steam and standalone versions of Toribash. But if there are any new flames (added?) made for only latest version of Toribah (just like the newly added items to the game), then you might probably need to get the latest version off steam which you may find here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/248570/Toribash/
Heading down south to the land of the pines
Originally Posted by MrSofty123 View Post
Ummmmmm, I've literally no idea what you're talking about but Im pretty sure about 3/4 gamers know what steam is.

Secondly, you're talking about flames. Apparently, all flames work with both steam and standalone versions of Toribash. But if there are any new flames (added?) made for only latest version of Toribah (just like the newly added items to the game), then you might probably need to get the latest version off steam which you may find here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/248570/Toribash/

Flames of id 4095+ can not be previewed on the standalone toribash version. That's what he's talking about.
And I honestly don't know why either, probably something with the fact that 4096 bytes is 4kb, and the standalone version is limited to 3kb. But that's just a guess, I'm no dev.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steam is primary platform (if not only platform) for majority games that are currently released on PC, and yes, for Toribash too.
Standalone version is no longer suggested or recommended mean of playing Toribash as it has bugs/glitches/limitations such as this one.

As mentioned above, steam is completely free (in case you weren't ironic and you genuinely don't know what it is), and as a result it shouldn't cause any issues to switch from standalone to Steam.
I use standalone version, and own 2 flames with id's higher than 4095 and I can view them fine ingame
Tree
If you can run it perfectly fine without steam, you aren't required to download it, steam is just a nice platform to run Toribash off of.
Parrot
Originally Posted by Milf View Post
If you can run it perfectly fine without steam, you aren't required to download it, steam is just a nice platform to run Toribash off of.

He needs steam to preview flames with higher id's, like he said.

Originally Posted by Tree View Post
I use standalone version, and own 2 flames with id's higher than 4095 and I can view them fine ingame

The problem is for previewing, on my standalone I can also dl/lp someone wearing an id 4096+ flame, but I can't preview them in the flame browser (ctrl+J) which doesn't have those higher flames in it's flame cache.

Closing this as the thread is a week old, insanity; feel free to reopen it if you have any further questions.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]