Ranking
Original Post
Ghost Duration
My idea here is: implementing a command that would change the duration of the ghost.

This would be extremely helpful for attempting long skeetshots or long range jumps, and for literally anything that goes far beyond what the ghost currently predicts.

Of course, there is the edit button, but it's not helpful at all when we consider skeetshots of big distances - you have to attempt the skeet, then play the replay so you will discover if it would hit or not, and if it fails you'll have to attempt again and end up in this cycle that will probably eat up a lot of time.

I tried to suggest this only as a Lua Script, but apparently Lua scripts have no control over ghost other than turn it on and off.

Originally Posted by Rial View Post
I thought it would be easier to scale it.
as in:
/gd or /ghostduration 1 (default duration, which predicts ~~ 80 frames)
/gd or /ghostduration 2 (this would make ghost predict ~~160 frames)
and so on

First edit after seeing some support -

On a skype chat with hypez, he told me that this could possibly give advantages on multiplayer, so I also thought about the command having an option just like "real-time ghosts" in a way that if the OP disables the ghost-duration command, all players would have their ghost-duration default, making the multiplayer game fair.

second edit -

after doing some research, toribash 'had' longer ghosts before, but apparently they never actually worked (?)
Last edited by Rial; Jan 12, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
:^)
Would definatley be a great idea to implement into the game. When i make replays with long skeets or something (which happens rarely now) it would indeed be extremely helpful with the amount of time it would take to actually complete the thing you're trying to do; ex. long skeet. So I definitely Support this.

Also I would agree with Insanity on the command, I'd prefer to have a set amount of frames they last instead of having them set by 80. But I do see where you're coming from Rial. And in multiplayer it could also be beneficial and i really dont see any downside to this being added to the game.

Please, no more posts about the usefulness of this suggestion, unless it's absolutely unheard of.
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 13, 2015 at 06:56 AM.