Ranking
Original Post
HS ingame colour change
So I logged on to the game for the first time in a while, and the first thing I saw was the HS ingame colour.

This orange is so similar to admin that there is no question about these two groups being eventually confused. It just looks red, any person who has ever seen game staff with coloured names is gonna think these people are admins.

You should just make em the old gm trial colour, it's pretty distinct (iirc legend ingame colour is quite different from this + the crown) from basically any other color. If this doesn't fit why not just make them grey? Grey is gonna stand out amongst the blue text and it's going to be their actual colour on the forums.
h
No smods and admins are two different groups, also, isn't the color light blue available for HS?
Okay just cut it, stop. No one gave a good reason why orange is not a good colour and you are suggesting new colours already, like seriously. Give reasoning why orange is bad and if it is then we will decide within our group don't worry.

Now, yes Gargon, when people see a coloured name they always think it's higher staff, it's the same with ToriLegends or any other group, so what? Most people who are confused about it ask "why is your name orange" and it's not like we will reply "oh we are admins", seriously. Is it so crucial that a simple misidentification and taking us for admins can ruin someone's gameplay experience? Because I don't think it's really as important as you make it out to be.
So I'd like to address the fact that color ingame is a big issue. Don't even get me started on the fact every ES trial is a legend in spec, hs afk in spec and legend on afk. Eh heh

As for the color, I see orange perfectly. I think it's an issue that we look likeclan Squad, but i would like to conclude that I've not found too much controversy about it yet while I'm actually ingame.

The symbol also really helps identify us differently.

@peoplethinkwe'readmkns: ES are purple with ingame admin perms. Who's going to think that as a logical argument anyways?
Last edited by Link; May 6, 2017 at 07:17 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
New players that havent discovered other staff usergroups are automaticly going to assume youre admins
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3

I'd also like to ask why that is bad, but I also want to ask what defrentiates that notion from any other group though? New players can think market squad is admin, etc.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I as well don't see an issue with them thinking you're an admin, you could really just explain to them who you are, but again no one answered me. Couldn't you make it light blue or pink,of it matters? Lel.
/sigh

Orange for HS was used before Clan Squad became orange on the forum I think. But that doesn't matter.

(I don't play TB fullscreen but in non fullscreen it's very distinctly different from the ingame admin red)

If I recall correctly, the changes for ES were due to smods and admins being called "GM's" when ingame and being harassed to host. This in turn meant that people got confused about what "GameMaster" actually meant. Suddenly GMs were admins and admins were GMs.

ES came through as an attempt to refocus the community on the separation and keep the admin/smods free of "PLS HOST JUDOFRAC" moments. While also helping the ES team not get bugged by the "I got banned by X pls unban" crew.

The ES * prefix and colour overriding the ~ and red of the other ingame admin holders comes under the same theory. Separation. (As for why trials appear as legends in spec, no idea that's just a thing that hasn't been fixed due to low impact).

On to the topic of Msquad. They have their specific prefix/icon "$" and the regular red colour that smod and admin do. They have red because thats the default colour that comes with the ingame admin perms (~ symbol)'and the icon is just to specify that they are in fact, Market Squad members. They don't have that extra degree of separation using colour because there wasn't a need for them to be particularly noticeable ingame for ingame reasons because their job is based on the forums and not ingame like the ES team and their hosting duties.

So going down answering questions posed so far.

Originally Posted by Gargon View Post
So I logged on to the game for the first time in a while, and the first thing I saw was the HS ingame colour.

This orange is so similar to admin that there is no question about these two groups being eventually confused. It just looks red, any person who has ever seen game staff with coloured names is gonna think these people are admins.

You should just make em the old gm trial colour, it's pretty distinct (iirc legend ingame colour is quite different from this + the crown) from basically any other color. If this doesn't fit why not just make them grey? Grey is gonna stand out amongst the blue text and it's going to be their actual colour on the forums.

The GM Trial colour was god awful to try and read at the best of times and it also did clash with the legend colour when viewed in certain ways. Much like your HS orange = admin red complaint. Crown is just prefix and we'll get onto that kind of thing at some point, but we'll stick to the colour for now.

Originally Posted by Flow View Post
Wouldn't green work?

Yes it would, but that would mean the MSquad would have the same issue as Gargon has pointed out.'

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
That is marketeers, unless they changed it too?

They only have ever been the normal red colour since they got ingame perms.

Originally Posted by Colors View Post
ms are red ingame as they're a higher staffgroup on the same(?) level as Smods

"higher" staff group is wrong technically. All Smods, Admins, Msquad and ES members have the same ingame power. Trials excluded of course, it's just the forum where they split into different power categories. Ingame is colour based for understanding and easy identification.

No smods and admins are two different groups, also, isn't the color light blue available for HS?

Other users appear in light blue, so that's not an easy option. Light Green is also the regular server OP colour, so probably not a good option either.

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Okay just cut it, stop. No one gave a good reason why orange is not a good colour and you are suggesting new colours already, like seriously. Give reasoning why orange is bad and if it is then we will decide within our group don't worry.

Now, yes Gargon, when people see a coloured name they always think it's higher staff, it's the same with ToriLegends or any other group, so what? Most people who are confused about it ask "why is your name orange" and it's not like we will reply "oh we are admins", seriously. Is it so crucial that a simple misidentification and taking us for admins can ruin someone's gameplay experience? Because I don't think it's really as important as you make it out to be.

Yeah it's an easy question and answer fix, but the forum and game having colour mismatching across staff groups isn't an entirely wonderful situation at it's core anyway.

Originally Posted by Link View Post
@peoplethinkwe'readmins: ES are purple with ingame admin perms. Who's going to think that as a logical argument anyways?

What exactly are you getting at with this?

Originally Posted by Link View Post
I'd also like to ask why that is bad, but I also want to ask what defrentiates that notion from any other group though? New players can think market squad is admin, etc.

That's also true, but that's an easy question -> answer fix. Plus more exposure to general public will make that very clear anyway. If they only ever see one type of usergroup then yes, they might just assume they are admins (if they see the powers being used) but in reality, it would be a very quick learning process due to exposure of ingame staff being fairly common. (Even quicker if they navigate the forums)

I as well don't see an issue with them thinking you're an admin, you could really just explain to them who you are, but again no one answered me. Couldn't you make it light blue or pink,of it matters? Lel.

I did, scroll up on this post. (Also the background of this game is mainly white, If you put light colours over white without bolding or outlines of some sort it's just a mess to read.)
Last edited by Icky; May 7, 2017 at 06:45 AM.
Yeah well now you did Icky, also grey works on white, although it could look too similar to black maybe. Also, pink isn't that like a color as far as I know. At least the one that is available on Toribash. Although when a staff member specs I always see their name color getting lighter so there could be an issue with it there as grey. That is when anyone spectates their name is "lighter."
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Yeah it's an easy question and answer fix, but the forum and game having colour mismatching across staff groups isn't an entirely wonderful situation at it's core anyway.

Yeah, but that is entire new issue. The OP is saying that orange is wrong because it is too close to admins or something, so let's just make sure we're all on the same page before getting any further: is this an argument about usergroups having different colours on forums and in game, or is it following OP's logic