ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
trophy2 chance of a lifetime render
Hi guys!

OK, you all remember trophy2, right? Well, I am going to render a video in trophy2 for someone. BUT, this wont be a standard movie...
  • This movie is going to be in 1080p (that is 1920 x 1080 - your standard 15 inch monitor only does 1024 x 768 )
  • This movie is going to be done with full Anti Aliasing
  • This movie is going to be uploaded to stage 6 so you can watch it in high quality at 1080p, or even download it and burn it to CD to watch on your DVD player
  • This movie is not going to use the standard head textures. You can provide large head textures (256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024) so you wont be able to see any pixelation at all!
  • This movie is going to be a full 500 frames long - a normal replay, from start to finish.

A test frame render, click the image to make it full-size (1080p).

All I need are the head textures you want me to use (at one of the sizes listed - I can use the standard ones, but those with better textures will get priority). A .rpl of the fight, and an optional .pov of the fight if you want to control the camera angles.

As you can see in the preview picture, this will be on a trophy stand, so tight intense battles are what are needed, and they will also look the most awesome! The text sign will be removed, so you can fight over the whole trophy base.

In a few days, I will hold a poll and people can select which one they want rendering, I reserve the right to not include any entries which I think won't work.

Once a winner has been picked, I will render a fast preview video so that you can test that it looks how you want, and so that you can make any last minute changes to camera positions.

Once the final render has started, it cannot be changed. Each frame will take several hours, and I will be rendering on multiple computers to speed this up.

so... Happy fighting...

SlainVeteran

Checklist:
__
| | ... large head textures (2x)
__
| | ... .rpl of the fight
__
| | ... .pov of the fight (optional)

-----

As a side note, you could post a large copy of your own head texture, so that other people can use it if they are too lazy to make one
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Dec 16, 2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added the test frame
I has a flavour
Heres mine, redone in 512x512, cant know if it will look right, as i cant test it, but it looks fine to me

er, cant upload it here, too big, ill put it on box.

http://www.box.net/shared/uliir7vryo

Edit: k Slain, here ya go

Last edited by ishi; Dec 13, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

[T]
#hi

i hereby nominate a replay not of my own making:

p.s. just wondering - did you know about stage6's awesomeness before i moaned in irc about how everyone should use it instead of youtube? :P
Attached Files
nowebnoweb5.rpl (267.3 KB, 30 views)
Are we supposed to make transparent head textures? I can't remember how trophy2 works...
Steam ID: budster650
Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
Heres mine, redone in 512x512, cant know if it will look right, as i cant test it, but it looks fine to me

er, cant upload it here, too big, ill put it on box.

http://www.box.net/shared/uliir7vryo

I can accept any image format, not just tgas. You can give me pngs if you wish. I cannot look at the head at the moment due to a hardware failure in my main computer (nothing to worry about).

Originally Posted by Psy-T View Post
i hereby nominate a replay not of my own making:

p.s. just wondering - did you know about stage6's awesomeness before i moaned in irc about how everyone should use it instead of youtube? :P

I've known about Stage 6 for a long time.

Originally Posted by Budster View Post
Are we supposed to make transparent head textures? I can't remember how trophy2 works...

The transparency in trophy2 works the same way as metallic reflections in other includes, anything white will be transparent, grey will be semi-transparent, and black will be opaque.

I would like a recreation of your own head texture if possible, so that people can see that it is you, and possibly even use these textures for their own use when rendering.
I has a flavour
Here is some replays that i think are cool :o
Last edited by ishi; Oct 16, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
Here is some replays that i think are cool :o

Drone has the most skilled hands I've ever seen, it lands perfectly.
Just thought I'd mention that.

-edit-
actually under further inspection it's your wrist. :O I wrong.
lolcool. Can they be both SP and MP?
<Hector|Bday> for 3k tc
<Hector|Bday> I sold a photo of shit
Well sure, I'll throw some random ones in... That trophy base looks pretty small, so I don't know if any of these will work or not...

vs [souljiaboy]jigen: Sure it's not the most technically complicated fight, but I just love that throw.

SDPartsEverywhere: One of my better single player replays. Ten dismemberments in three "moves".

vs ToriNinJa: Might not work too well, as my leg clips completely through my own arm in the beginning.

vs shanecody: I accidentally save him from DQing, realize my mistake, let him go, then he manages to cling to my foot.

vs [a]isha: I get completely slaughtered, but it's such a spectacular loss that I had to add it in.
Attached Files
SDPartsEverywhere.rpl (134.7 KB, 8 views)
[a]isha_vs_Vlad-66549_32342.rpl (25.4 KB, 18 views)