Toribash
Original Post
trophy2 chance of a lifetime render
Hi guys!

OK, you all remember trophy2, right? Well, I am going to render a video in trophy2 for someone. BUT, this wont be a standard movie...
  • This movie is going to be in 1080p (that is 1920 x 1080 - your standard 15 inch monitor only does 1024 x 768 )
  • This movie is going to be done with full Anti Aliasing
  • This movie is going to be uploaded to stage 6 so you can watch it in high quality at 1080p, or even download it and burn it to CD to watch on your DVD player
  • This movie is not going to use the standard head textures. You can provide large head textures (256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024) so you wont be able to see any pixelation at all!
  • This movie is going to be a full 500 frames long - a normal replay, from start to finish.

A test frame render, click the image to make it full-size (1080p).

All I need are the head textures you want me to use (at one of the sizes listed - I can use the standard ones, but those with better textures will get priority). A .rpl of the fight, and an optional .pov of the fight if you want to control the camera angles.

As you can see in the preview picture, this will be on a trophy stand, so tight intense battles are what are needed, and they will also look the most awesome! The text sign will be removed, so you can fight over the whole trophy base.

In a few days, I will hold a poll and people can select which one they want rendering, I reserve the right to not include any entries which I think won't work.

Once a winner has been picked, I will render a fast preview video so that you can test that it looks how you want, and so that you can make any last minute changes to camera positions.

Once the final render has started, it cannot be changed. Each frame will take several hours, and I will be rendering on multiple computers to speed this up.

so... Happy fighting...

SlainVeteran

Checklist:
__
| | ... large head textures (2x)
__
| | ... .rpl of the fight
__
| | ... .pov of the fight (optional)

-----

As a side note, you could post a large copy of your own head texture, so that other people can use it if they are too lazy to make one
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Dec 16, 2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added the test frame
I has a flavour
single player is fine, but I would prefer a movie where both players are fighting (yes, this is still possible in single player).

I may increase the size of the trophy base, but it will not be by much. I still want it to look like a trophy

We could do with more head textures, we still only have Ishi's (I will be doing my own at some point).
I has a flavour
I will upload my replay(s) later. My head can't be resized/redone properly :/... So I guess I'll just give you the 128 or a 200
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
I already have the 128x128 version.

POV-Ray can smooth a 128x128 version fairly well, there is no need to resize the image if that is all you are going to do.

The reason for a 512x512 or 256x256 version is that you can add more detail, resulting in a better looking image.
I has a flavour
Here's some replays that is spectacular according to me I don't win in the KB match but it's a good fight; double decaps =D
Last edited by Esse; Mar 31, 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Well, I finally got around to increasing the size of my head texture, so you can all see what I mean (Ishi's head was not the best example...).

If anyone else wishes to use this head for raytracing, feel free...

I have now rendered a test frame. This took 2 hours, 17 minutes to render, and required a number of changes to the trophy2 code to get such a short render time (and as such, will only look similar)

Click the image to make it full-size (1080p).
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Dec 15, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
I has a flavour
If our replay does happen to take place in a very small area, could we request to keep the text plate?
Steam ID: budster650
You just want us to blow up the head texture(s)?
Or what?

Nice replay for you btw.
Exact points ftw.
Attached Files
CPPwned+.rpl (44.6 KB, 11 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

Originally Posted by Budster View Post
If our replay does happen to take place in a very small area, could we request to keep the text plate?

The reflection on the text plate will cause extra rendering time, if I can reduce the rendering time further (the test frame was originally on par to render in about 2 days), I don't see why not.

Originally Posted by PlayerID666 View Post
You just want us to blow up the head texture(s)?
Or what?

Nice replay for you btw.
Exact points ftw.

I would like you to re-create your head texture at 512x512 (or blow it up if it is a vector image) so that it is crisp and clear at the higher resolution.
I has a flavour
Well, here's a few of my sub-par replays.
Attached Files
$esseheadchest.rpl (31.4 KB, 8 views)
$handsnatch.rpl (72.9 KB, 7 views)
$rip.rpl (31.3 KB, 7 views)
[22:26] million: someday, we're gonna destroy space-time
[22:26] million: I'd like to be partly responsible