ES Recruitment Drive
Perhaps a other wordly type organic creature, non humanoid, but more alien ish. Almost abstract tribalish
Aka jusmi.
I don't like the idea of an alien. I know that not nobody (if not, maybe one or two) has
done an alien set, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has been too lazy to make
one, so it wouldn't be that exciting if someone saw it. I think a jell-o monster would be
cool, but hard to portray in such specific shapes like the sphere, cubes, and rectangular
prisms.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Originally Posted by Doxxy View Post
Perhaps a other wordly type organic creature, non humanoid, but more alien ish. Almost abstract tribalish

You described it before I could post it lol

Something with an organic tree-like texture but some bright contrasting colors running through it sounds good.
I'm up for pretty much everything, but I think we should make this something that everyone can join in on, Aliens are not very usual or beginner friendly.

Maybe something like Abstract black and white or something like that to make the textures simular to eachother and make it appeal to everyone.
Originally Posted by Varkenoss View Post
I don't like the idea of an alien. I know that not nobody (if not, maybe one or two) has
done an alien set, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has been too lazy to make
one, so it wouldn't be that exciting if someone saw it. I think a jell-o monster would be
cool, but hard to portray in such specific shapes like the sphere, cubes, and rectangular
prisms.

Jell-o could be just a mass of jell-o with some randomly placed eyes and an obnoxious color like Hot Pink or something.
The texture of that big green monster from Futurama lol

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
I'm up for pretty much everything, but I think we should make this something that everyone can join in on, Aliens are not very usual or beginner friendly.

Maybe something like Abstract black and white or something like that to make the textures simular to eachother and make it appeal to everyone.

I'd like for this to not be beginner friendly. Since the people who are working on it will be working on their best area of texturing I feel that the sky is the limit.
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
No, i'm not a GATA member, but I can invade without the tags because I'm coo' like that.

ya, you may wanna be carefull with how you say that...

and alot of you seem to be pointing out that pentool is the only thing you guys can do, and im struggling to see the problem with that. you can sade with pen tool, by layering. you all know this. just get detailed.

everyone gets involved with concept and sketch.
penning is ideal for design and mapping stages, so oyster/lempika/vark can work on that, get a bit a consultation going, adjust it accordingly, then people with that sketching/drawing style like ezeth/ghiita/darkjak could come in and shade on top.
and people that are good with that post effect thing, like surf, JC, Me and whoever can finish it up.

its a big learning experience for everyone, we learn more about the way people do things within a similar style and practise working as a team.

it seems that youre talking about like "the next level texturing" but im not seeing so much in the way of next level thinking, in how youre doing it.
youre basically talking about, taking a resource and turning it into a texture. people like vermine have been doing that for ages.
what we want to be doing, is talking about taking a resource/concept, breaking it down, and seeing how it could be done in all the different styles and genres.
one concept, done into tribal, robotic, realism, cartoon, etc... all different sets.
or taking one concept and combining styles, to come up with something new. tribal realist, or cartoon robotic or whatever.

il go resource hunting again and post later
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Interesting, I would like to see this discussion further. Do you guys remember the guy who made a few "a something for a head heads". Like he alpha'd a lobster to sit on the head. I thought that was great lol.

But yeah, I think BenD's on the right track thanks to Me's provocation.

I think its pretty easy to get drawn in to humanoids and robots due to toribash's simplistic shapes that comprise the models.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
yeah, i know who youre talking about, gorman bought that lobster head. was accepted into TTM at the same time as fawflaw, going to dig up his name now out of curiosity.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Me you forgot to mention tribal sets as well.
A pretty nice idea you got here too bad creativity isn't my strong point.
I'd love to help in any way i can.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post

I find no problem in doing something harder.
Maybe i will fail but that's why we are all in GATA after all to become even better.
And something easy isn't gona help us that much.
Last edited by Ghiita; Jun 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM.