Toribash
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
different personalities
some people, including me, are driven by their competitive nature first and foremost, winning is the fun part of the game, when i win, i am happy, i(most of times, with some exceptions) don't find enjoyment in playing the game itself, because i've done the same scenarios a million times where my focus lies in choosing the right decision to proceed, i don't have 'mental space' to have fun, if that makes sense, if your primary focus is to choose your next move accordingly, in order to try your best to win the game, more often than not the enjoyment will come after winning, because you know you tried hard for that win and was rewarded

its basically what you want to do with the game, some people find enjoyment in ranking up, improving and whatnot, and to do that, you have to focus on your mistakes, instead of having fun with what's going on in the game.
or for aspiring pro players such as myself, its basically a requirement to not have fun, since it's a distraction during the game.

I mean, I completely understand that, but driving to rank up is another thing. There's a giant group of people that just try hard the shit out of new game types just to win instead of playing it to have fun, I used to play ranked, highest I made it was plat 2ish as adc, I mean it was fun to win, but I had more fun just playing to dick around.
I have better play making skills than the average league person, so making the right call and having fun sort of just go side in side when I play, but if I go into a different game type(say urf just came back out) I don't pick a champion who's broken and just go to win, I have fun with it, I mess around; I just play the game for the fun aspect. Playing a game to win in 18 minutes is not fun for either side, like cool you can do it, but where's the fun? Play ranked if you wanna win fast or just straight win.
I can't even play the new nexus seige gametype because all people pick are champions that will win, and not champions to have fun with and enjoy it, like wheres the fun in that?

its pop off day boys DONT STOP NEVER STOP

i see people who'd rather take pd on lucian third item, i'd much rather have rfc. what instances do you take pd? i don't think he needs dueling potential, he's already a monster

also yeah anyone in this thread that plays league for fun confuses me, mobas aren't fun to play casually, being bad at it is painfully boring.
Last edited by TyZi; Jul 20, 2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: oopS
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Kat View Post
different personalities
some people, including me, are driven by their competitive nature first and foremost, winning is the fun part of the game, when i win, i am happy, i(most of times, with some exceptions) don't find enjoyment in playing the game itself, because i've done the same scenarios a million times where my focus lies in choosing the right decision to proceed, i don't have 'mental space' to have fun, if that makes sense, if your primary focus is to choose your next move accordingly, in order to try your best to win the game, more often than not the enjoyment will come after winning, because you know you tried hard for that win and was rewarded

its basically what you want to do with the game, some people find enjoyment in ranking up, improving and whatnot, and to do that, you have to focus on your mistakes, instead of having fun with what's going on in the game.
or for aspiring pro players such as myself, its basically a requirement to not have fun, since it's a distraction during the game.

Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
I mean, I completely understand that, but driving to rank up is another thing. There's a giant group of people that just try hard the shit out of new game types just to win instead of playing it to have fun, I used to play ranked, highest I made it was plat 2ish as adc, I mean it was fun to win, but I had more fun just playing to dick around.
I have better play making skills than the average league person, so making the right call and having fun sort of just go side in side when I play, but if I go into a different game type(say urf just came back out) I don't pick a champion who's broken and just go to win, I have fun with it, I mess around; I just play the game for the fun aspect. Playing a game to win in 18 minutes is not fun for either side, like cool you can do it, but where's the fun? Play ranked if you wanna win fast or just straight win.
I can't even play the new nexus seige gametype because all people pick are champions that will win, and not champions to have fun with and enjoy it, like wheres the fun in that?

Kat described it perfectly.
A big part of community does not understand that there is Normal Q for a reason . I am very competitive person, if I win I am happy, if I lose I am looking for ways to improve, I played Toribash, because the game was attractive to me, it was competitive(the gambling side of it), it made me want to become the best and so I did(at one point). Same drives me in League, I find the game to be very competitive and while I will not become the best in it, I am certainly not quitting until I hit like Diamond I.

If I jump into a normal Q game, I pick some random off-meta champ and play for fun with friends or whatever. However, I would never play a normal game alone, because it's just not fun anymore if there's no competitiveness touch to it. I just feel like I wasted 30-50mins of my life for absolutely nothing.

And there are people who feed their asses off in a ranked game and use "I don't care, I play for fun" as an excuse should honestly get cancer. Don't Q for ranked if you're not trying, there are others that do.
Last edited by Kristis133; Jul 20, 2016 at 05:10 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
If I jump into a normal Q game, I pick some random off-meta champ and play for fun with friends or whatever. However, I would never play a normal game alone, because it's just not fun anymore if there's no competitiveness touch to it. I just feel like I wasted 30-50mins of my life for absolutely nothing.

And there are people who feed their asses off in a ranked game and use "I don't care, I play for fun" as an excuse should honestly get cancer. Don't Q for ranked if you're not trying, there are others that do.

well thats why i have a smurf exactly for that, my friends want to play ranked aswell, but i am way too high ranked.

so i am playing bard only on my smurf, no one notices that youre trolling and actually dont care, because thats just how bard works.

anyways i just agree with lots of the stuff that has been said already, for me the issue is, that due to league and other stuff i cant play games at all for fun anymore, i want to play every game at a competitive level with a ladder and to show my skill compared to others, thats the fun i have in games, knowing HOW good i am, compared to the mass.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
Kat described it perfectly.
A big part of community does not understand that there is Normal Q for a reason . I am very competitive person, if I win I am happy, if I lose I am looking for ways to improve, I played Toribash, because the game was attractive to me, it was competitive(the gambling side of it), it made me want to become the best and so I did(at one point). Same drives me in League, I find the game to be very competitive and while I will not become the best in it, I am certainly not quitting until I hit like Diamond I.

My issue doesn't lie within ranked though, I understand the concept behind it, I'm trying to point out every other gametype that's not ranked; since that's where the problems come from

you can't do a normals or a new game type with friends and mess around, everyone else makes it feel like ranked, is essentially what I'm trying to say

its like there win to loss ratio matters or something
how come skizzify gets to post shit like that and not get infracted but whenever i post something like that i get infracted

do you guys prefer queuing up with friends or do you prefer solo queue? I really prefer solo queue because i enjoy getting yelled at by people i dont know rather than people i know
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
I enjoy playing League with people in the same room, followed by with people I know, followed by solo.

I don't feel the need to validate my skill in ranked, since I prefer to validate it in a game, rather than with a title. I've played more than a few high diamond players, and several low diamond/high plat players at my university's club, and I can go even with them, and frequently beat them, in lane, yet I've never risen past silver rank because I don't enjoy the environment of ranked, so I never bother to dedicate the time necessary to rise in the ranks. And, in the near future, I don't plan on trying to change that.

Besides, it's infinitely more amusing to see people obsessed with rank get flabbergasted when they get wiped by an unranked pleb.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
People in low elo actually know how to lane properly and win lane, it's what we do afterwards that makes us low elo.

Parkour • Spar • Skating