Toribash
In the last 3 years I've been to a public school, online homeschooling and a private school.
I rank them
1st: Private School
2nd: Online Homeschooling
3rd: Public School

Of course these are my experiences,
The best was by far Private School, because of a program at my private school where every student had a mentor, who was usually a member of staff, it was your mentors job to make sure you were doing fine; Absent on the day you had to hand in homework? Give it to your mentor. Behind in class? Ask your mentor to get you the un-completed work from your teacher. 1 on 1 helped me a-lot in school, could just be me though.

Online Homeschool is in second because of how lenient it was, I could do all my weeks school-work in a day, I could also just do it at 3 in the morning, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have because my parents weren't able to understand the work I was given, so as soon as I didn't know something I was boned.

Public School is 3rd because there wasn't actually anything out-standing, although it's a-lot cheaper than a private school, so if a care-giver can't afford the other two options, the child can still get an education.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
I don't think anyone is talking about 15 y/o students here, at that point, who cares if you do your studies online?

Fair point. Now that you mention it I'm not sure how I would have done starting homeschooling at a younger age. A lot of what imslayaa said is true. I could complete a weeks worth of assigned work in basically a day, and do work whenever I wanted - it really wasn't monitored at all. I'm not sure how well a younger kid would deal with that level of freedom.

"this thread that say anything but public school is dumb are uninformed."

I would not flame others for being uninformed

I'm not quite sure that saying someone may be uninformed is 'flaming.'

Please take into account different countries. Just because in USA the school system might be a bit ummm.... lackluster, that doesn't mean it is so everywhere.

Again fair point. I am only commenting on this from my viewpoint of americunt, and as far as I know we're pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as first-world countries go in terms of public education.
I think that we should go to school however I have a strong opinion on the syllabus. Our syllabus is so fucked up that we forget more than 60% of the crap we learnt at school (Quadratic equations) We don't learn tax's at school, we don't learn laws or our human rights at school. We should have to choose whether or not we want subjects to be mandatory. In my country, New Zealand, they are adding driving to the NCEA program. This means you can score extra credit if you take driving tests.
These has gone too far.
Steam: aruwind
Originally Posted by Maxiboo View Post
I think that we should go to school however I have a strong opinion on the syllabus. Our syllabus is so fucked up that we forget more than 60% of the crap we learnt at school (Quadratic equations) We don't learn tax's at school, we don't learn laws or our human rights at school. We should have to choose whether or not we want subjects to be mandatory. In my country, New Zealand, they are adding driving to the NCEA program. This means you can score extra credit if you take driving tests.
These has gone too far.

I learned taxes, human rights and laws at school because I did modern studies.

What's wrong with driving tests? Why is that too far?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I personally don't care about school in any other way,I just do things fast and went fuck all with it. I just kinda want to finish it,because it's a pain and takes a lot of time. I do learn a lot from it though,don't blame me for being one sided.
Originally Posted by Maxiboo View Post
These has gone too far.

Take better courses then. There are literally classes that are made to teach you these things. Ever heard of Civics? Now it may not be the case in other countries, but something simialar at the very least.

I do believe people need school. Now by no school do you also mean no College? If so i'm pretty sure that 80 percent of the world would be mindless zombies with no basic knowledge.
Originally Posted by HandsAndLegs View Post
i believe home school is better whatrs ur opinion should people stay in school or stay in home school

Idk but judging by this post you don't go to school

on a more serious note:

Yeah kids show go to school otherwise we have too many self entitled brats who think they deserve more than a "job at McDonald's" because everything was handed to them and they didn't learn anything about real life or other shit.
Originally Posted by Tourneymun View Post
Take better courses then. There are literally classes that are made to teach you these things. Ever heard of Civics? Now it may not be the case in other countries, but something simialar at the very least.

I'm talking about high school. Sure, you can learn taxes, mortgage and rent with courses and classes but "most" high schools do not provide such classes or lessons. Yes, civics would be perfect but I would like it if we could implement that into everyday learning.
-----
Originally Posted by meow View Post
I learned taxes, human rights and laws at school because I did modern studies.

What's wrong with driving tests? Why is that too far?

"Most" schools have already implemented stuff like that. Getting credits for taking a simple driving test? Driving shouldn't be part of NCEA, it's something that your parents or tutors should teach, not something teachers should make compulsory. The inability to drive might be a problem beyond most schools as some teachers don't drive. They might have to hire profession drivers or instructors which means more money. Not to mention the hiring for the cars seeing as how many people would want to take such an easy test.
Last edited by Maxiboo; Aug 31, 2015 at 03:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Steam: aruwind
Homeschool is often because of a special reason such as:
Getting bullied at school.
Having no friends.
You can't consentrate at school.

Also if everyone would do school at home. Then they would need a LOT of more teachers.
And that'd cost a LOT.

It wouldn't work.
Yes, you should go to school.

Those 12 years of labor, friends, stress, and experiences are worth it.

Not to mention it's required by law.

And overtime a person gets used to it.

Although I can't speak for everyone.

I don't particularity know too much about Homeschooling, so I can't say much.