ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ping in tourney
I'm not too sure if this has been suggested before and i'm sorry if it did have anyways here is what i suggest:
I have been seeing alot of general reports concerning force pinging in the automatic tourneys, wouldn't not allowing the player to enter back if he pings during his match be the right thing to do? It would clear up quite a few general reports.
Let me know what you guys think.
hi
What if you ping for real?
I do support this though, cause some douchebags always fping during finals and the whole tourney starts allover again and no one wins.
Dengue is a wizard.
[Nitro] | (KnC) | [Monk] | Gamer's Inc. | ViperTech and Cheshyre fanboy
If you ping for real you can't do much about, gmtournies have this system applied which works pretty well, so i suppose implementing it on automatic tourneys would also work quite well
hi
No GMTournies re-enter you if you weren't fighting and if you were in when lockdown was enabled. What the GMs could do is to make it that if they ping in the finals you still get the prize.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by Eelectro View Post
What if you ping for real?
I do support this though, cause some douchebags always fping during finals and the whole tourney starts allover again and no one wins.

actually the tourney starts all over again and the player who didn't ping is the winner...
Fire is never a gentle master
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
No GMTournies re-enter you if you weren't fighting and if you were in when lockdown was enabled. What the GMs could do is to make it that if they ping in the finals you still get the prize.

I know that.... You arn't understanding what i'm trying to say... What happens in the automatic 500-750-1k tc tourneys is people force ping themselves during their match if they're losing or about to lose therefore enabling them to enter back in the tourney. In gmtournies they re-enter the player ONLY if he wasn't playing. What I'm suggesting is that they implement the same sort of system.
hi
Pinging within pre-made,public tournaments has been a problem for a while now, may it be an actual ping or a forced ping. The problem with pings in official tourneys is this: Even though if someone pings, may it be forced or an actual ping, the "Winner" doesn't receive compensation for his/her efforts. This is the case, especially in force pings where the person pings so much when the tourney actually comes to an end, there wasn't enough matches played for compensation to be payed out, essentially cheating the winner out of their prize. This has been seen, and reported, countless times and has been the one major problem with official tourneys.
As for the GM rule about pings (Basically, if a person pings during their match they're done, but if they ping during the queue, they're fine.) being enforced throughout offical tourneys, I don't believe it could be possible; for a number of reasons. To save time, here's one example: it would require a gm constantly in the said server, moderating to make sure the reason was legit. Now, another thing is that "What if official tourneys just don't support pings, that being, if someone pings, it counts as a loss and said person who didn't ping, would win". I believe that approach would be the best one, although people would find a way to rig it.
Main point, I support the idea that players who ping should not be allowed back in (to fight) within public tourneys. Sorry if I was a bit around the place within my statement, I was trying to get everything in and wasn't sure how to format it.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can't force a ping that's not how a ping works as far as I know you can't force a ping to occur. All ping is, is lag to the server it happens to everyone regardless.
Originally Posted by Altair View Post
Pinging within pre-made,public tournaments has been a problem for a while now, may it be an actual ping or a forced ping. The problem with pings in official tourneys is this: Even though if someone pings, may it be forced or an actual ping, the "Winner" doesn't receive compensation for his/her efforts. This is the case, especially in force pings where the person pings so much when the tourney actually comes to an end, there wasn't enough matches played for compensation to be payed out, essentially cheating the winner out of their prize. This has been seen, and reported, countless times and has been the one major problem with official tourneys.
As for the GM rule about pings (Basically, if a person pings during their match they're done, but if they ping during the queue, they're fine.) being enforced throughout offical tourneys, I don't believe it could be possible; for a number of reasons. To save time, here's one example: it would require a gm constantly in the said server, moderating to make sure the reason was legit. Now, another thing is that "What if official tourneys just don't support pings, that being, if someone pings, it counts as a loss and said person who didn't ping, would win". I believe that approach would be the best one, although people would find a way to rig it.
Main point, I support the idea that players who ping should not be allowed back in (to fight) within public tourneys. Sorry if I was a bit around the place within my statement, I was trying to get everything in and wasn't sure how to format it.

I'm just saying that whatever the reason that you pinged was(force ping or not), as long as it was during your fight you SHOULD be disqualified at the same manner as a gm tourney works. Basically what I'm suggesting is to change the system lockdown/knockout just so if the player pings during his fight, he would completely be disqualified. Or just put back the old system which seemed to work pretty well, which wouldn't allow you to enter back even if you pinged while you were in queue. (I think that's how it worked, I have a kind of vague memory)

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
You can't force a ping that's not how a ping works as far as I know you can't force a ping to occur. All ping is, is lag to the server it happens to everyone regardless.

You can force ping yourself. You basically just have to disable Wi-Fi on your computer and poof you ping. This is what a force ping is.
hi
I would support this idea. Many people FP themselves while they fight. It would be a great solution to stop people from re-entering if they ping while fighting and add a maximum of three pings if you ping while not fighting so it wouldn't lag other people with their connection.
Bringer of Hell