Toribash
Original Post
If i remember correctly, people got mad because the winners were super inactive dudes and the prizes usually were "sunk" in those accounts and then people stopped participating, thinking they'd never win.

But it would be fun to have auto lotto and gambling problems back.
#Make it happen Mikorin Squad!

But actually, the truth is that since SW Battlefront 2, loot boxes were banned as they were considered gambling games and that's illegal without a permit license. Toribash had to do something and abolish the lottery or they'd get arrested for promoting illegal gambling games
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
If i remember correctly, people got mad because the winners were super inactive dudes and the prizes usually were "sunk" in those accounts and then people stopped participating, thinking they'd never win.

But it would be fun to have auto lotto and gambling problems back.
#Make it happen Mikorin Squad!

But actually, the truth is that since SW Battlefront 2, loot boxes were banned as they were considered gambling games and that's illegal without a permit license. Toribash had to do something and abolish the lottery or they'd get arrested for promoting illegal gambling games

they brought it back for literally 2 lotteries or something and it ended again abruptly...
Here is what i was thinking
https://i.imgur.com/4Vqb34w.png

Something similar to crash, but the crash line would be implemented with stuff around toribash, I was either thinking it could be in public servers as events with a really cool design. And you'd need a certain amount of QI to join the server, or simply on the forum like the image provided above. This idea is originally from CSGO gambling I believe, imo in general this game is 100x more fun when money is on the line. Dueling,betting, etourney all involve money and why people are on them so if we have more stuff to "waste" money on it'd be extremely neat
Originally Posted by VigiIance View Post
imo in general this game is 100x more fun when money is on the line. Dueling,betting, etourney all involve money and why people are on them so if we have more stuff to "waste" money on it'd be extremely neat

Let's just not.

There are many reasons why introducing literal gambling is a bad idea, but the biggest one is that it is literally illegal. Unlike duelling or betting, where all TC is split between players one way or another, "crash" and other similar gambling games are automatically hosted by an rng bot, meaning the main benefitting party is the host (Nabi), which can cause legal issues and generally make community more toxic.

Lotteries are fine, but they seem to always cause a bunch of outrage from butthurt people that don't win. It seems like they do more harm than good even though so many people ask for it. Just look at Christmas lottery threads as an example, everyone's excited until they realise that they didn't win shit and then the accusations begin.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jun 24, 2019 at 01:45 PM.
Here are a bunch of reasons why lotteries' reintroduction won't happen (on a large scale, occasional lotteries hosted by MS don't count):

• They're ultimately not as fun as some tend to think
    As Smaguris mentioned in an earlier post, yes people get excited at first but then they're not super happy once they realize they just wasted their TC and didn't get anything. There were complaints about MS lotteries which had multiple rewards - and automated ones that we used to have always had only one prize.

• Lotteries aren't actually popular
    Majority of lotteries hosted with an automated system had to be finished prematurely due to inability to sell all the tickets. They mainly attract a small portion of rich players of the community, regular players don't usually participate as they don't have free TC which can be thrown away mindlessly. Last few auto lotteries were promoted through game client and even that didn't help.

• They fail at their original purpose of sinking TC
    Lotteries don't really sink a lot of TC when you consider item prices - this applies to any types of lotteries, be it automated ones or those hosted by Market Squad. Despite MS typically using items from itemdump and similar accounts used to "sink" items (they don't get destroyed, just taken away from circulation), that isn't any different than spawning new ones - in both cases there was no item in circulation and then there is one. So when you consider items' prices and how adding extra ones to circulation lowers the value of all other items of same type, amount of TC people collectively spend on a lottery doesn't look any significant. Yeah some TC gets sunk, but then again there are about same amounts of TC sunk weekly by regular shop purchases.
    The point of "ok but if you host these lotteries regularly it means you'll be sinking more than you do now as you just admitted that they sink same amount of TC as regular shop stuff" would also be invalid as lotteries get less popular the more frequently they're hosted. Yes we'll sink a few millions in first couple of weeks but then we'll just be spawning items with little to no profit.

• There are better ways to give away items to players
    If we look at lotteries solely as a way of players' entertainment, there are much better ways to achieve same thing. We sometimes do Discord giveaways which don't require any payment to enter and get about same number of entrants despite lasting a few days only. Even "lootboxes" that people like to hate these days can do better as you're guaranteed to get at least something upon opening them.
Don't they host giveaways in the Toribash Discord?
Those are kind of like lotteries I suppose.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Even "lootboxes" that people like to hate these days can do better as you're guaranteed to get at least something upon opening them.

By the way, I think that loot boxes would bring some excitement to the game and will help Nabi in financial way. Also, they could replace daily quest and etourney rewards.
Did you think about it?

Originally Posted by sir View Post
people like to hate these days

Some people hate to lose anything. Gambling mechanics work perfect for centuries even if they somewhat new in the industry.
Last edited by Aeon; Jun 25, 2019 at 05:51 PM.