Ranking
Original Post
I can POVRay a bit
Howdy all. No art here, I'm afraid, at least not yet.
Looking at everyone's renders and animation, I have yet to see more than just the most basic POVRaying. This disappoints me, 'cause while the default is shiny, it's also bland.

To get the ball rolling in getting more fun scenery, I'm making the following offer:

-> If anyone has any requests for simple changes to the basic scenery, I can make it for you. Just PM me. I reserve the right to ignore you, though, if it's not convenient at the time.

Depending on who asks me to do what, we can have better knives, swords, floors, skies, walls, whatever. The simpler, the more likely I'll do it. (That means realism is usually unlikely, but I can do a cigarette or something)
If you have a 3d model of an item you would like, convert it into a .inc with one of these tools: http://www.povray.org/resources/link...ion_Utilities/, then I can put it in the scene or give it to your guy.
Re: I can POVRay a bit
although POV-Ray is quite advanced, most people are happy with what is currently available.

I seem to be to the one pushing new stuff into TB includes, and this is what I am currently working on:
http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3332.0

I dont quite understand what you are offering... is it just converting 3D Studio Max objects into POV-Ray (like swords and such) then adding them to the hands macro?
I has a flavour
Neat studio.

I was offering to do any small task that people wouldn't know how to do themselves. A floor texture, or a fancy sky. I'm already planning on a dojo and a boxing ring if I have time. A grassy knoll would be swank as well. So many ideas

The idea with this thread is to allow people who are intimidated by the POVRay SDL to get a little more unique stuff in their images.

I used to have an excellent grungy bar room that i was going to make available for stills, but I have somehow misplaced it, along with a cyberspacey arena and a dorm room. I really hope I find those, 'cause I think people would have fun with them.
No takers yet. Could be I perceived a need/demand where there was none. Ah well...

Because my old files are still MIA, the dojo and boxing ring are going to take much longer than I first expected. Sucky

In the meantime, here's a pointlessly funky floor that demonstrates animating textures, layered textures, and really bad formatting. Just paste it over your old, boring ground.

// GROUND
plane { z, 0
texture{
ripples
texture_map{
[0
pigment { rgb <1, 1, 1>}
finish {
ambient .031
diffuse .1
specular 1
roughness .001
metallic
reflection {.75 metallic }

}
normal{
granite 0.1
scale 1.3
phase frame_number/12
}
]
[1
pigment{
granite
pigment_map{
[0 rgb <0,1,0>]
[.8 rgb <0,0,0>]
[1 rgb <1,0,1>]
}
phase frame_number/21
scale 1.3
}
finish{

specular 1.2
}
]
}
phase frame_number/50
scale 1.5
}
}
Attached Images
KrunkFight.JPG (33.4 KB, 44 views)
Attached Files
KrunkFight.JPG_thumb (24.6 KB, 8 views)
looks nice

I was thinking about doing a dojo but decided on the studio. Glad I did now

textures and finishes are not my thing so I may ask you for help with that Toribash is what introduced me to POV-Ray so I have not being doing it for long. The people here like to see screenshots and then ask for the includes you used - not really anything in terms of requests at the moment.

The studio has not been touched for a while, but is about half-done. Maybe this will make me work on it again if I see someone else also producing some good includes
I has a flavour
Nice
You should use anti-aliasing when rendering though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That looks like it was just a preview image. If you are not using it as a proper image, why spend the extra time using AA?
I has a flavour
I guess you're right, I just didn't think of it that way :
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]