Ranking
Original Post
New Wave, Synthpop and Post-Punk Appreciation Thread
This is a thread to chat about the good ol' 80s bands that endorsed these amazing genres. Post your fav bands along your fav songs

One of my fav bands of all time would be The Cure and New Order, honestly they made insanely good music throughout the years
Honorable mentions: The Smiths, U2, The Human League, Killing Joke, Joy Division, Ministry(Early Synthpop era), Men Without Hats, Depeche Mode and Donna Summer.

3 fav songs: The Cure - Siamese Twins / New Order - Temptation / Ministry - Same Old Madness

Last edited by Corredor; Apr 9, 2022 at 07:59 AM.
Running away...
video u posted is broken
-----
i think i prefer current day synthpop over the 80s stuff nowadays, like the radio dept, magdalena bay, visions era grimes, george clanton

but i also like tears for fears, the blue nile, pet shop boys and when in rome (they have 001 good song)

Last edited by Arctic; Apr 5, 2022 at 06:09 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
this is some pretty chill stuff ngl its the type of stuff i would hear whenever i be walking or driving around at night, very relaxing.
I still prefer old stuff, it feels different, idk if its about the recording or the instruments i have no idea

that radio dept. song reminded me of this one track made by an argentinian musician

---
From the new stuff I love Human Tetris, it reminds me of old post punk stuff, even though it sounds kinda indie. The vocalist's voice sounds like Ian Curtis
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
This is a thread to chat about the good ol' 80s bands that endorsed these amazing genres. Post your fav bands along your fav songs

One of my fav bands of all time would be The Cure and New Order, honestly they made insanely good music throughout the years
Honorable mentions: The Smiths, U2, The Human League, Killing Joke, Joy Division, Ministry(Early Synthpop era), Men Without Hats, Depeche Mode and Donna Summer.

3 fav songs: The Cure - Siamese Twins / New Order - Temptation / Ministry - Same Old Madness

check out trøst by cirkus modern banger album with some post disco for flavor

https://open.spotify.com/album/7smzE...27d9ccdcb34c10
-----
i've been enjoying this new wave of post punk bands like squid, and to a lesser degree black midi
Last edited by Nurse; Apr 10, 2022 at 03:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify

except that this is a proto-punk band from 1974
Last edited by gumbo; Jun 4, 2022 at 04:35 PM.