Ranking
Original Post
how long does it take to learn a handstand?
So I'm learning how to do a handstand right now, and I was just wondering, how long does it take to learn to hold one everytime you try to do it?
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Depends on how strong you are.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
Depends on how strong you are.

It usually takes about 3-4 hours, yes, depending on how strong you are. But being strong isn't the most important part; balance is. If you have shit balance, it'll take maybe a week, but if you have good balance, maybe an hour or 2.
ugly
I have the strength, I just have shit balance
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Depends. I learned to do one in a day. Some people take ages, Its really up to you how long it takes, depending on how hard you try.
didnt take me too long to get the basics down, its the standing still and holding it in place bit thats difficult.

there is no set time, depends on how much time you spend doing it and on your aptitude for it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
For me, I have been practicing every now and then and i still can't do it too well. In total it's around 2 hours.

oh i haven't been practicing the handstand with a wall next to me. I went straight to the open and tried to keep my balance there. It was fucking difficult.

Oh! You should probably know that it isn't all about your arm muscles, holding yourself up is mostly about your abs.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
you use your legs to balance to while do a handstand if legs are not straight you will tip if your legs are straight you wont bend from side to side and lose your balance
I like rape o_O
[The Lurking Wolves] sexy co-leader
I suggest lots of push ups and chin ups and just standing on your hands against a wall for awhile, the stronger your arms and core are the easier to keep yourself straight.
{HUNTERS}
Today in dive we actually worked on handstands on the edge of the board. After about an hour we could hold them for a few seconds then fall into the water. So actually being able to hold it for most of the time I'd say an hour every day for about 4-5 days.