Toribash
Original Post
To be honest this is the first time in a long time that I've actually liked a set as simple as this. There is almost nothing to it, but everything that is there is used in a way that really just flows nice to me. I like it a lot, you did some good work.

The design for the biceps seems kind of weird, but its okay. The eye color is kind of out of place though, would probably be best to pick a new color.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
To be honest this is the first time in a long time that I've actually liked a set as simple as this. There is almost nothing to it, but everything that is there is used in a way that really just flows nice to me. I like it a lot, you did some good work.

The design for the biceps seems kind of weird, but its okay. The eye color is kind of out of place though, would probably be best to pick a new color.

Thanks man :P

I always have trouble with the biceps!! Idk why!
Also, im assuming you mean the green on the Cobra set. its Acid green, so it would look better with acid ghosts, blood, etc. Its also complimentary, so i liek :P. However, i was considering doing a brighter red for the eyes.
Last edited by Pixelate; Apr 17, 2016 at 10:13 PM.
It might be better to just go for a direct contrast and use a shade of blue, maybe a really dark blue would go well on it. I won't be using this set though for my uke since I'm already using your other one for it though. <3
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
It might be better to just go for a direct contrast and use a shade of blue, maybe a really dark blue would go well on it. I won't be using this set though for my uke since I'm already using your other one for it though. <3

XD well, Cobra was meant to be sold, but i liked it too much. I'm planning on making a bunch of sets in this minimalist style until i can make more complex one, and sell them for relatively cheap.
For me minimalistic is the best style for a set. I am a HUGE fan of minimalistics but i also want them to be good and with detailes that make me want to look at them. In this case the uke one is really intresting, but those blue lines on the arms doesn't fit the whole concept. Maybe you could try to change the uke head and add some detailes or maybe even put a new texture on it.

As for the cobra i just love it. The head is looks perfect, the colours are choosen great, but i don't like that the hands are too, really TOO simplistic. Also maybe you could add a little more detailes on the feet, i don't say the idea of something like full red shoes aren't looking good for this set, but meh.

Overall i would buy both of them if i had some money, and i would really pay good.
Let me start this off by saying that I like your art...
Now, with that being said there are still things that I don't like about you sets and that's why I am here, right?
Okay so, the first thing that caught my attention were the hands, they are very minimal and have almost, well, no detail to them at all, they are blocky and unattractive and don't match the set(s) at all. Try to round the edges to make them look more like fingers. you could also add palms and knuckles, fingernails, wrinkles, rings, etc.. etc... All of it comes down to detail which in todays market you really do need. you could also try to make hands that don't have fingers, not all sets will look good with fingers and you might need to come up with a better way for them to match the rest of the set.
Another thing that I noticed is that you tend to do a lot of the same things threw-out the entire set. for example, in the first set almost every texture has some kind of "band" wrapping around the entire texture. and in the second set you have circles everywhere always followed by some kind of a diamond. a little bit of variety can go a long way and can sometimes make or break a set or texture. but don't get my words mix up, I said a little! to much can clutter up and lead you in the wrong direction, they are called "minamilistic sets" for a reason.
Now lets talk about the colors.
everyone has there preference and some may like the two tone look. but in my opinion you need to go "gay pride" on some things to give them more life. would like to see a more colorful set form you. :P
on a positive note your mapping is good and you seem to have a good idea of how to make a set. but you need to put more detail into your work.
I am a fan of Bendovers textures and think that you could maybe get some idea of what I am talking about by looking at his work.
> http://bendover-za.deviantart.com/gallery/
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
As for the cobra i just love it. The head is looks perfect, the colours are choosen great, but i don't like that the hands are too, really TOO simplistic. Also maybe you could add a little more detailes on the feet, i don't say the idea of something like full red shoes aren't looking good for this set, but meh.

Overall i would buy both of them if i had some money, and i would really pay good.

Thanks man :P
Yeah, the feet arent entirely red. The top has a texture to it, but its nothing special. And the hands... im fixing those eventually. I hate them.

Originally Posted by Zorow View Post
Okay so, the first thing that caught my attention were the hands, they are very minimal and have almost, well, no detail to them at all, they are blocky and unattractive and don't match the set(s) at all. Try to round the edges to make them look more like fingers. you could also add palms and knuckles, fingernails, wrinkles, rings, etc.. etc... All of it comes down to detail which in todays market you really do need.
Another thing that I noticed is that you tend to do a lot of the same things threw-out the entire set. a little bit of variety can go a long way and can sometimes make or break a set or texture. but don't get my words mix up, I said a little! to much can clutter up and lead you in the wrong direction, they are called "minamilistic sets" for a reason.
Now lets talk about the colors.
everyone has there preference and some may like the two tone look. but in my opinion you need to go "gay pride" on some things to give them more life. would like to see a more colorful set form you. :P
on a positive note your mapping is good and you seem to have a good idea of how to make a set. but you need to put more detail into your work.

Ehhh, the point of a minimalistic set is that its not meant to be super detailed. Adding wrinkles and stuff to a set like this would mess with the style. And i dont really think adding a lot of variety would make a big difference. I like keeping to an overall theme. Uke's was bands, Cobra's was diamonds and circles. While it may work for some sets, random variety imo would take away from the set. While i agree it shouldnt be EVERYWHERE, i do want to keep to a basic formula-type-thingymajig.
And the colours are entirely based on the colours available in toribash. Cobra uses Shaman and Cobra, while Uke uses the Uke Blue and Demon. I was planning on going a bit more colourful, but atm 3 colours is enough :P

Thank Tho :P
My thought is that if it works in a 512x texture, it will work in a 128x or 256x texture. Everything i make now is in 512x. Its all about fine tuning
So when are you going to be starting your next texture set for this thread and what will your theme be this time around?

I say you should do something with the color Elf in it. Really popular color that everyone loves.
So when are you going to be starting your next texture set for this thread and what will your theme be this time around?

I say you should do something with the color Elf in it. Really popular color that everyone loves.

Elf
Demolition
Yellows
Maybe other stuff to
Im thinking of a more asymmetrical set. One half(ish) is the simplistic purple and black, but the rest is covered in stars that are yellow

Im also thinking of some kind of texure set to go with each of the coloured hairs, like Candy Locks
Last edited by Pixelate; Apr 27, 2016 at 01:50 AM.