Ranking
Original Post
Highest Jump (Unassisted)
New (potential) strategy. There is a rule about not being allowed to throw body parts for additional height. This doesn't involve throwing body parts, but it does involve dismembering my arm, grabbing the end of it, and using that to gain some extra height without throwing it. I have not discussed this with the other local mods, so this is still up for debate on whether this is a legitimate strategy for the High Jump records.

This shouldn't lower the amount of mass I carry with me since I'm still jumping with all my joints and body parts attached to my body. All this is doing is changing where my arm is for an advantage at the apex of my jump.

Discuss.

Also this not optimized at all. I spent maybe 10 minutes on this. This is more of a demonstration.

Also the height is 19.34
Attached Files
#19.34.rpl (87.3 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by Rfifan; May 16, 2016 at 07:12 PM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
I've spoken to pusga and gargon and we're not overly inclined to validate this. It's one of those things that no ones done because it seems pretty obvious we'd invalidate it, and they're not wrong for assuming so. The idea was cool, but I'm afraid it may be a little too iffy to count.

Main reasoning is that the arm pretty much stops being 'you' once it's dismembered so it doesn't particularly count for the jump. Pretty much the same reason skeeting for it doesn't count, it's not really a whole tori anymore if an entire separate part of you reaches the top.