Ranking
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post

bruh

I can't give tips?
Yo dengue I need tips on this head im making for an event

idk how to make lips, hair, hat, and good skin tone

:^)

as you are making it grayscale, get a colored good reference and desaturate to get a good base for your gray tones.
lips are simple, if your style is anime, just do a darker tone for lips and
a line of highlight on top.
for hair and hat I would suggest a reference, if you wish a hair with my anime style, get a hair brush and paint on a solid shape with base color distorted with polar coordinates, paint the light on the shadow black base, then distort it back and will work fine, dont forget the highlights.
for the hat, what would impress the most is the style of this image:

reference

get a hair brush and paint the overall shape of furr, go from dark to light until you feel satisfied.

For all of above, dont forget to get solid shading and contrast is the most important in your piece.
your eyes are already outstanding, keep working that way on your lips and hair.

Example

also, dont forget the ears
Last edited by dengue; Dec 3, 2017 at 10:01 PM.
thanks bromigo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
"Dengue, you talk too much and cant do a shit"

Example

also, dont forget the ears

id suggest fixing the jaw line, looks very manly
The shine in her eyes are mirrored. fix that shit boy. makes her look crosseyed

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
id suggest fixing the jaw line, looks very manly

calm your tits

I'll build over it to make the adjustments smh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Meh. If you are really going to do anime, then here is my advice as someone who incorporates manga/anime creation software into his art.

Take it as you will:

Lips. Honestly, the fullness of the lips completely depends on how mature and sexualized you want the person to be. Lips can be full or nearly non existent in anime.

It is all about the youth. Usually the lower lip is going to be more full than the upper lip, and the upper lip might not even need to be added (once again. Depends on maturity).

Lips should be colored the normal skin tone before adding a watercolor/oil based brush to paint over a more pink or red tint. A low opacity and larger spread will allow a more natural, less forced look to the lips.

Then add a bit of white and spread it around to the tip of the lip. Finally finish with very small pure white dots to speckle it with a shine.

It is suggested that, if you choose to outline the lips, do so not with black, but with a slightly darker color of the lips. Like a dark pink.

Skin is pretty simple. You can use an oily brush and add tones with a very wide and delicate airbrush. Use tone curves and masking layers to dabble with the skin tone. Sometimes you might need to make a layer folder due to the fact that layer masks can apply to all layers below it. Preferably skin color goes below hair and eyes color layers.

Try to stay away from contour line shading. That is used specifically for hair anyway. Since it is winter make sure to implement red to the skin, both in cheeks and nose. A dimple and shine can be applied to cheeks and nose if you want.

It is suggested you use at least 4 different colors for the skin.

Hair is not a big deal. Since you have a Christmas hat, you won't have to worry about elaborate strands and mapping junk. You can choose either a more realistic look, with more dedication to individual strands of hair blah blah or a simpler traditional look with a few distinct strands.

Um, I'm on the phone so I will keep this part simple. Color the hair a solid color. use a flat oil brush at a low opacity on the edges and dibits of hair that overlaps with a color burn mask. This is for shade. Highlights should go horizontally across the hair with contour shading or manually added color inking. You do you.

That hat just requires a brush that paints multiple strands at once for fur. Alternatively, just put down the colors and jumble it around with a finger blending or color add oil brush ///

If I was on my laptop I could show u and it would make a lot more sense.

Good luck.
-----
And it is a shame you mirrored the eyes as a whole.

You're supposed to mirror only the outline, not the pupils xD. Ygirl needs glasses.
Last edited by Yuma; Dec 4, 2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Meh. I think I need to quit toribash for a bit.
nice detailed comment that works for paint tool sai and style specific.
I CnC your CnC, thanks.
Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
A really long CnC

Good luck.
-----
And it is a shame you mirrored the eyes as a whole.

You're supposed to mirror only the outline, not the pupils xD. Ygirl needs glasses.

Thanks, I know i mirrored the eyes as a whole I'll fix it soon.

On my finals next week :^) Its funny how the school is giving us inappropriate requirements that wont give us a grade in our subjects.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
calm your tits

I'll build over it to make the adjustments smh

What do you mean calm your tits all he said was fix the jawline lol.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."