Madness/Insanity
14 Votes / 27.45%
Gluttony
1 Votes / 1.96%
Despair
5 Votes / 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Madness/insanity, this could corrupt a person into doing ANYTHING. On the new a few weeks back a person was on bath salts that caused them to go insane and he was literally eating a persons face, he was on top of the other person eating his face. Another bath salt incident cause a kid to call 911 after he was shot 5 times and didn't realise he had been shot till the 4th shot, his grandma shot him after he attacked her.
Nihilism. Without beliefs of any sort, you have no morals, and you do whatever you want with no regard for other people. People say that there is no absolute morality, and that you should choose what is right for you. However, what would one of those people say if you broke into their house and stole their belongings? They would say it is wrong. According to their reasoning, it can be perfectly fine for someone to do this, and yet they still complain.
"Or maybe we're each other's dads?"
I lived with relatives who had severe mental illnesses and I know what is like to watch someone get thorn appart inside his own mind. For me the most dangerous threat for one self is madness/insanity.
Hello, world.
Where's the option for rampant idiocy? Because i quite frankly believe that the only thing that matches our collective intelligence, which would be our collective stupidity, is perhaps the most dangerous part of us. It takes just one ill-advised action in the wrong place to spark a nuclear war. Not saying you guys are stupid, of course, i'm not that kind of guy.

Likewise is another important thing missing: Cruelty. For all our merits, some people are just extremely cruel by nature. They're not necessarily insane (psychopathy is not synonymous with insanity), and they're not necessarily angry either. They don't necessarily envy other people, and they're not necessarily nihilistic. I'm talking the murderer who cuts you to pieces while you're alive because he enjoys hearing you scream. The guy who'd delightfully nuke a country if given the chance. The guy who, upon seeing a homeless man begging for spare change, kicks the homeless in the face and laughs about it. That kind of person is NOT fictional, and not alone either. I suppose the closest fit for that kind of person in your poll would be "destruction", because if anything, we humans are REALLY good at destroying things.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Greed. It covers a lot of different areas.. Basically, if someone is to get too greedy and keeps craving for more and more, they will eventually break down and/or go out of control. I think an individual who has the ability to achieve something, but want even farther, can be more dangerous then anything else.

Obviously, this varies in different cases.

(Most commonly seen as people "selling their souls" for fame and money)

Lume has pretty much covered everything. Greed can stem a lot of negativity in the world. It makes people go insane.
I believe pride is one of the most dangerous on that list. Sure, things like madness, lust, and greed may make a man steal, murder, cheat, or lie.
But pride? Deep, undisputable pride in nationalism, religion, or race is very dangerous. Pride like this has lead to genocides, racism, religious wars, and more. Common pride among other beings is very contagious and blinding.

Of course, not saying all pride is a bad thing. Be proud of your, and everyone else's, individuality.
Nihlism, because with no morals there is no need for order. A person would not stop at shattering a spine like in Fenris's anecdote, but they would kill with no remorse, for no apparent reason. It is also like madness, but they would be in control of their senses and would be intelligent and of course harder to track/arrest/kill, assuming that they had an interest of staying alive but that just contradicts itself so fuck me.
Dose is dead.