ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Thoughts about new trial GMs
Yeah, I'm interested in what you guys think about them.
As for me, I'm positive, with one or two exceptions.
So, your opinions kgo (try to give some reasoning, tho, avoid 'xxx shouldn't be a trial, he's shit' posts).

New trials:
- AikidoKP
- Faint
- uFantom
- Lume
- Fivah
- Thrandir
- Teague19
retired
AikidoKP is the nicest person I've met and has never ever raged afaik, but I might be a bit bias since he's in my clan.
I have no experience dealing with Faint, uFantom or Thrandir (maybe because I'm never ever ingame).
Teague19 is also from my clan so basically amazing opinions about him.
Fivah is part of msquad so he's probably going to be really active around the forums as well as ingame. I think he would make a great GM.
I've heard of Lume but don't remember anything about him.
I think Aikido would make some great non-ingame events, which is what i think we need, while teague would do great ingame events.

"[11:17pm] Thorn: I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being so productive"
Out of them, I only personally know lume, fivah and faint. Haven't had a single bad experience with any of them.
Hoss.
I approve of most of them, however, I'm not familiar with all. Those I do know I believe will do a good job, I will not judge the ones I don't.

(excluding me, obviously.)
AikidoKP: All around nice guy. Only played in-game with him a couple times, but he's a cool dude.
Faint: Faint is great! Simple as that.
uFantom: *shrugs*
Lume: Sexy as hell, enjoyable, cool, manly, silly, awesome.
Fivah: unf
Thrandir: *shrugs kind of a little bit*
Teague19: Similar to what I said for AikidoKP
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
- uFantom
- Thrandir

seems like the only two that people may dislike or do know know about, possibly because they are fairly new and partly unexperienced, idk for sure
If you're really looking for GM's which will host lots of events and increase the activity, then wasn't a good choice at all.

But... if you're looking for cool people, good persons and friends.. Then this was a correct choice.

I'm alright with: Fantom and Faint only.
Last edited by Handler; Oct 30, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
asd
Very good choices. Everyone is a cool person, which I have experienced first hand with them either ingame, on forums, or other means.
However...
I've noticed that Thrandir and Lume have been accepted for trial GM multiple times in the past. 2 times each, to be exact. Along with Fivah, who already has a staff position as a Market Squad member.
What made you chose these members AGAIN aside from the usual and generic "experienced, good app, etc.?
Why not accept mostly/all new members who haven't had the chance to show their potential as a part of the Toribash staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm only familiar with Faint, Lume and Thrandir, even though I've heard most of the other names at some point before.

Faint: Reaaaaaally silly, should be great for hosting ingame events.

Lume: Pretty dedicated gamer. If his other games don't get in the way he probably will make loads of great efforts to excel as GM. Last time I heard about him he bought some fancy mic and stuff like that to make broadcasts/videos, iirc. Maybe he could put that equipment to good use and combine it with his position to do some kind of work GMs haven't done before.

Thrandir: He has been around for quite a while and is a well-established replay-maker. Maybe he's not very talkative, but he certainly is more experienced than any of the other trials on replay-making, and therefore could be a good asset on judging events and such.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Very good choices. Everyone is a cool person, which I have experienced first hand with them either ingame, on forums, or other means.
However...
I've noticed that Thrandir and Lume have been accepted for trial GM multiple times in the past. 2 times each, to be exact. Along with Fivah, who already has a staff position as a Market Squad member.
What made you chose these members AGAIN aside from the usual and generic "experienced, good app, etc.?
Why not accept mostly/all new members who haven't had the chance to show their potential as a part of the Toribash staff?

To think of it in terms of "choosing one person over another" isn't right.
We chose the people who we thought would excel in the position and benefit the team.
As there was no set limit, it was a decision based upon the individual, other apps played no part in it.

What came out particularly from this is that people are applying prematurely and not giving it much thought.
Hence why it may appear that we've gone with more experienced choices.

Also, just a heads up, posts that blatantly say that we were completely wrong, regardless of intention, will be construde as butthurt.
If you genuinely do feel that way however, I would be open for an explanation via pm if you're terribly bothered.
But if it's just a case of "why didn't you pick me", then don't.

Anyways, my general opinion is very positive.
Whenever we get new trials the team is rejuvenated and it's a great time to be involved.
I hope the trials realise what they've gotten themselves into and I wish them all the best of luck.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.