ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Remove mandatory CnC rule in Art board
The rule that posts in the art board must offer CnC is silly.

It's narrowing the kinds of reactions that people are allowed to post in response to the art. Sometimes people just wanna say 'Woah, that's sick dude, keep it up'. They don't wanna go into some deep critical analysis of the art. From the perspective of the artist, we don't need a review from everybody, we just wanna see how people respond to our art.

Unfortunately, in the name of 'quality' posts, threads in the board don't get many replies, if any. Not many people wanna post their response to the art because of this restrictive rule.

I know I'm not the only one who neglects posting in the Art board cus of this.
@Ele
Just follow the rules... Nothing to it, If you are unfairly treated report them and file a complaint. Also(to my knowledge) Tyzi or Arctic haven't actually done anything yet sooooo....
Last edited by KDigityDog; Jun 20, 2017 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Added an s
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
As in, the rule is being changed to what I already go by. This isn't just me dismissing what you're saying, it's Suo compromised and changed the wording of the rules so that it's clear what we expect. (Not cnc, for you to talk about the OP at all) You are asking for something unrealistic and wouldn't be allowed in any other board either, so there isn't a point discussing it. It really has nothing to do with Arctic or myself.

Tell me, what am I asking for? All I'm asking for is for everyone to comply with the new [CnC] prefix distinction. You act as if I'm crazy.

You just said Suo's change won't affect how you moderate, because all he changed was the wording to fit your understanding of the rules. Well no, it should affect your actions, because it's much more than just a rewording of the rules. We've introduced the [CnC] prefix for the previous level of moderation that you enforced - If we want the strict overmoderation like before, then we have the new [CnC] tagged threads. This means that in threads not tagged [CnC] we want less intensive moderation. In other words, outside of the [CnC] tagged threads, you are not to continue to moderate how you used to.

Otherwise, nothing has been accomplished here. There's no point in any tag distinction between threads if your moderation remains the same regardless. See what I'm saying? The introduction of this tag division necessitates a change in your moderation duties. You must have different quality standards, and the standard for the untagged threads must be lower than what it was for all threads before - Else again, nothing has changed and the problem hasn't been addressed (problem being overmoderation scaring people away).

Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
@Ele
Just follow the rules... Nothing to it, If you are unfairly treated report them and file a complaint. Also(to my knowledge) Tyzi or Arctic haven't actually done anything yet sooooo....

I'm 100% confident you don't understand or could articulate my position.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 20, 2017 at 08:32 AM.
You should try posting in the art board at all to find out how anyone moderates. ;)
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

You should try posting in the art board at all to find out how anyone moderates. ;)

>ignores argument, makes petty jab

I have posted there. I'd post more, but art mods can sometimes be very unreasonable. Like right now. How about you grow up and revisit my previous post?
Ok here, suo said this to me himself word for word.
Originally Posted by suomynona
If the thread does not have the [CnC] tag, then you are allowed to post basically anything so long as you explain why. If we can move your post to a completely random thread and it will still make perfect sense, then you're probably not engaging with the artwork enough. However, if your post makes more sense in the thread you post it in than any other thread, it's probably fine.

If the thread does have the [CnC] tag, then you are allowed to post basically anything, so long as you explain why you're posting what you're posting and how to (with respect to what you posted) improve the work.

^That will set the record straight for what's allowed an not.

Ele calm tf down, you know I don't appreciate you insulting me for no reason, and try taking my correct advice it would serve you well. I gave you the perfect way to follow the rules as written and drop the conversation. Do you REALLY think that you are some kind of genius and almighty protector of the art board just because you posted this thread? Guess what...You're not.

And yes I do understand what this pointless argument is about and my response was wait until Tyzi does something wrong and then report him... you know like a sane and reasonable person.
Mate, we all know that's what Suo changed. The issue here is TyZi isn't accepting Suo's 'post basically anything' allowance for threads not tagged [CnC]. TyZi said he'll be keeping the same level of moderation for all threads.

I'm sure you understand now..
Last edited by Ele; Jun 20, 2017 at 05:39 PM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Mate, we all know that's what Suo changed. The issue here is TyZi isn't accepting Suo's 'post basically anything' allowance for threads not tagged [CnC]. TyZi said he'll be keeping the same level of moderation for all threads.

Yeah to be fair I didnt make that clear, I posted the quote for Tyzi.

Apparently this may be a shocker, but I already fully understood that. Ele listen i'm on your side with this, it isn't right.
Last edited by KDigityDog; Jun 20, 2017 at 06:01 PM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post

This is not, and will not ever be the criteria of an acceptable post. What the rule being added doesn't change is the way I moderate the board, as in it's exactly how I moderate the board.

Mind you all, Ele doesn't post in the art board enough to know anything about how it's done. He's having trouble understanding what I mean, probably why he thinks there was a "must cnc" rule to begin with.

You must explain your opinion, and it's left alone. Nothing new here across the entire forum. If you can whine this much in this thread, I sure hope you can write a complete thought in the art board. Doesn't take an art degree.

This is not, and will not ever be the criteria of an acceptable post. What the rule being added doesn't change is the way I moderate the board, as in it's exactly how I moderate the board.

Those were Suo's words (your boss)... You're missing a beat here.

Mind you all, Ele doesn't post in the art board enough to know anything about how it's done. He's having trouble understanding what I mean, probably why he thinks there was a "must cnc" rule to begin with.

Bullshit attempt to discredit my argument by poisoning the well. Besides that, we all know what the CnC rule was (again, Suo even referred to it as such), and nobody is concerned over this petty distinction you're trying to make.

You must explain your opinion, and it's left alone. Nothing new here across the entire forum. If you can whine this much in this thread, I sure hope you can write a complete thought in the art board. Doesn't take an art degree.

'Nothing new here across the entire forum' - Then this is all a failure. You must know that change is the exact reason why this suggestion thread was started (and implemented by Suo - which you refuse to accept)...

Sheesh... Not sure how you've still got power around here.
You're incapable of understanding what I (or suo) mean. After all, he worded the post quoted in Kdigitydog's post after me. The threads not marked with the CnC tag still have a criteria to follow-- and it's what I already use. Must be correct on your credibility on this subject at all. I'll stop wasting my time with this thread.
Last edited by TyZi; Jun 21, 2017 at 08:50 PM.