ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Would you like to see the return of the rep system?
Sure
120 Votes / 78.43%
Nah
33 Votes / 21.57%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
How The Rep System Affected The Community
Ok,
I've noticed from a few recent places how people have been saying how much Toribash is declining now and how great it was back in the "glory days" (2008 or so) with all the "tc flowing like rivers" and "artists fighting over requests" and I was wondering, what was different about Toribash then that has changed now? What was there that caused everyone to stand up so much straighter. Try so much harder. Put in so much more effort?

It was recognition. People, naturally, want to be praised, respected, noticed etc...And that's what the rep system provided. It was an every day peer judging tool that awarded you for good and smacked you on the hand for doing bad.

If you were good, you get encouragement and if you were bad, people let you know so that you could lift your game. Since that's gone now, there's nothing to strive for. Nothing to achieve.

So lets discuss the effectiveness of the rep system, its problems, and how it would affect the community were it brought back. Also discuss the differences between bringing the rep back from where it left off as opposed to resetting everyone and starting fresh.

Poll attached is just out of interest to see if you guys would like the rep system back.

TL:DR
Talk about the rep system Toribash used to have.
Last edited by Solax; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
I'm a newfag, but I lurked in 2009, so I remember the rep.

Rep was essential, bring it back :|
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
I'm down, last time I checked my rep said that I was "A diamond in the rough"
Lets do it ;)
Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
I'm a newfag, but I lurked in 2009, so I remember the rep.

Rep was essential, bring it back :|

How exactly was the rep system essential? We've done fine without it so far.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
How exactly was the rep system essential? We've done fine without it so far.

If you look and see that your rep is -9001, wouldn't that make you want to behave to get higher rep? (Unless you're a faggot who wants negative rep)

And if your rep is 10, and someone elses rep is 10, perhaps you'll want to compete to be an upstanding citizen and get the highest rep.

other than that I've got nothing.
Resting the rep; new toribash era, new reputation for all.
I'd like to have it the way it was left back then. I mean it could show us how we were back then and make us think about how much we've changed since then.
As an expansion to both opinions, we could have a "past rep" (Unchangeable) and a "current rep" (Changeable)

One would show to remind us of what we were, the other would show what we have become.

And all those newfaggyfags wouldn't get a past rep, so they wouldn't be special, like us.