Ranking
Originally Posted by BeanSprout View Post
Ignorance is more like not knowing of something rather then not publicizing something. And it's obvious that people know about wushu, because so many people play it. I feel that it should stay as more of a leasure mod simply due to the fact that the gameplay is - not necessarily unpredictable but - one sided. Any mod that allows you to completely destroy an opponent with one move has no place in competitive events. Unlike other mods such as aikido and tk, wushu is no were near as complex and strategic. A noob can literally demolish a skilled veteran by button smashing (something I see a lot of), which shows that there's very few chances to turn the tide or actually implement any sort of strategy at all. Personally, I don't want my money and reputation in the hands of two turns and an opener. Just want to let you know that I'm not here to make you feel stupid. As you asked, this is my opinion on said topic.

Well, that's exactly the kind of wushu ignorance the OP is talking about.

"Any mod that allows you to completely destroy an opponent with one move has no place in competitive events. Unlike other mods such as aikido and tk, wushu is no were near as complex and strategic."

You're aware we're talking about present wushu (not wushu.tbm) nor mushu ? You CAN'T destroy an opponent in one move in wushu, you actually have to fight, comeback, and have multiple encounters to win a match. Unlike TK and Aikido in which you start so close to the opponent you can grab them and DM easily, which seals the fight way faster than any wushu fight.
If you think wushu isn't strategic it's because you don't know anything about it.

I've never seen a noob consistently demolishing a good player in wushu, sure it happens better players lose, but mainly because of their own mistakes (DQ'ing, poor decision, missclicks, or just because no shit given and playing for fun in public rooms), which is less likely to happen in competition. The mod is way more unforgiveable than aikido in which you can use your opponent's weight to control your own tori.

Overpowered game-winning openers were a thing 5 years ago, you can NEVER win a match relying solely on your opener in today's wushu, unless it's 2 yellow belt fighting. Mainly because of the longer engage distance and 300 dm treshold. It's very close from lenshu3ng.tbm, but the control is different.

I can assure you that if we ever play wushu together, I could consistently whoop yo ass (in a friendly way of course).
Last edited by deprav; May 15, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
Oopsy daisy, I confused mushu with wushu. Now many "ushus". As for whooping my bunz, we will have to see about that ;)
...Surely you have more productive things to do then read my stupid signature...[TA]|[TF]
Originally Posted by BeanSprout View Post
Oopsy daisy, I confused mushu with wushu. Now many "ushus". As for whooping my bunz, we will have to see about that ;)

Ah yeah I thought so ! Makes more sense now ^^

And challenge accepted Lets exchange in PM for the wushu meet up, in all good fun ofc but I'd still try to play serious enough to prove my point about wushu being consistent.