ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The New Generation(years 2000 and above) vs the Old/Current Gen (90s kids and below)
So transitioning into my final year in High School, I have realised a few things about the incoming freshman and every age group below that. This year in my school there will be NO 90s kids in the entire school. My class (soon to be seniors) is the last of our 1900s generation. I have begun to notice that the maturity of those born in 2000 and above has dropped considerably as the years go by. Please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings on how you think the world may turn out now that the 1900s gen will soon be gone from the school system and eventually the work force.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I don't understand your reasoning; you're basically telling us people from 1999 are so much more mature than those of 2000? Those that are born of 2000 don't even work yet, perhaps a newspaper round or something of little significance, and therefore you can't even see what the 2000< people are like with responsibilities like that and stating such a thing without evidence isn't a great idea.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
I wouldn't draw the line that way. Pretty much everyone you ever went to high school with is your age group. +-4 years does not make that much of a difference, especially later on (in uni/college).

And I guarantee you when you guys were a freshmen, the seniors thought you were the biggest dorks on the planet, too.
I really dont understand this whole "90s vs 00s" topic. The "90s kids" always seem to pick out the good things from their time and the bad things from this time, saying that the 90s were overall better.

How can you even compare maturity between younger and older people. You grom more mature over time. Because of the opportunities we now have, some 15 year old kids dont come out as good. That doesn´t mean that there aren´t any good 15 year olds, and it also doesn´t mean that there weren´t bad 15 year olds back in the 90s
h
"I have begun to notice that the maturity of those born in 2000 and above has dropped considerably as the years go by."

Insane opinnion.

Im 20 atm, not very old but still old enough to objectively compare my childhood to the current youth and I can say there is no change. The things we did and kids do nowadays are a bit different ofc, but to say because of smartphones suddenly the "new gen" is dumber or less mature is retarded. Society is changing of course but people and culture don't massively change in a such short timespread (<10 years).
Last edited by cowmeat; Jul 11, 2015 at 10:51 PM.
Those damn immature 12 year olds, blast

No shit they seem immature, they're younger. This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read in a long time

Zelda Moderated Message:
Easy on the unveiled insults Hyde please. This isn't a flame war yet.
Last edited by Zelda; Jul 11, 2015 at 11:17 PM.
Hoss.
Well I do feel the generations in middle school are are a bit more...ill advised? It has always been there. You are getting older, you are started to get that adult perspective of kids.

There will always be a minority of younger classes that are more mature for their age group, maybe you are in that class of people? And your perspective is a bit broken?

The topic does seem pretty dumb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alright, I think we've all established that the opening statement is bad. Now to actually have some discussion going on.

This is both a new phenomenon and an old one. The '80s kids complained about the '90s kids, but they didn't have the internet to do so. Now that the '90s kids are becoming adults, we see that children now are idiots, and blind ourselves to the fact that we were idiots as well. The only difference is that we didn't have the internet to spread that idiocy. We just had our stupid thoughts and either blurted them out to our siblings or just moved on to the next shiny thing.

As Masterfate here is moving into the center of his teenage years, he begins to believe that he is the smartest and most mature being on the planet, which gives way to him thinking that the incoming freshmen and younger are so far below him that they cannot even reach high enough to lick his boots. But that's okay. I did that too. No one is immune to it. Again, we didn't have access to a good portion of the internet services that exist today, so our expression of this arrogance was much more local.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Ohhh man... you couldn't have picked a better controversial topic lol. Abortion, cloning, and euthanasia don't even compare to the power of the generation wars.

Anyway, here's my opinion.

As we age, our opinion of those who are younger than us changes. When we are young, our stupid decisions seem normal to us, and we aren't bothered by them. As we age however, we realize just how odd the newest generation actually is, without realizing that we were the exact same just a few years prior. Basically, you thinking that "the maturity of those born in 2000 and above has dropped considerably as the years go by" is just the result of your age increasing, and the age bracket of youth observed stays the same.

One thing I do hate about the 90's-00's debate is the stupid posts on the internet. I think that 90's kids have a massive superiority problem, and they need to realize that a fun childhood was not exclusive to those born between 1985 and 1995 (because really, a kid born in 1999 isn't a "90's kid"). Now, as someone who was born in 98, I don't think that I'm a 90's kid, but I don't really care. I recognize and have used all of the things in the "you only remember this if you were a 90's kid" posts, and I had fun doing so. I don't actually think that there was much of a difference between each generation. Really, if kids from the 90's had the technology of today, they'd do the same as the kids now do. If the kids now only had the technology of the 90's, they'd still have the same amount of fun. With technology in mind, I think it's safe to say that technology has greatly influenced people's perception on the new generation. I mean, YouTube and Facebook is everywhere now. Those who were born in the 90's can use it to connect with each other, as well as broadcast the stupidity of the new generation (who can't yet use the technology themselves). Basically, I think that without the internet, the 00's kids wouldn't be so picked on, and the 90's kids wouldn't find themselves so superior.

On the other hand, most of my friends are female, because I despise the boys in my grade. All they seem to do is talk about parties, girls, and drinking. They disrupt class, and they don't care about their futures. I'm not saying that there isn't girls who do the same, and that there is no decent guys at my school, I'm just saying that I'd rather hang out with those who care about their future and what's going to become of the world. I don't like a lot of things about my generation, but I wouldn't say that any others were any better.

Edit: Just noticed, I went on a tangent. Damn it.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
^TL ; DR. I actually read quite a bit. Lol

Anyways. Splitting 1999 and 2000 born students doesn't make sense. Children today are more spoiled because of technology. Hell, Next year is my final year of high school. I'm spoiled as fuck because of technology. Freshman are going to act a little more immature than seniors because they're transitioning to a new school usually. They were middle schoolers. Give them time and they'll adjust to high school standards. Not all will, but most. There's some very immature students at my school. And I don't mind them much. Only the students that literally run through everyone to get to class annoy me. 90's kids aren't any different than "now". I don't know how to explain it. The only thing that changes things is the technology and what schools are teaching. 80's kids could be called more immature than 90's kids. Because of technology perhaps?
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:30 AM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."