Ranking
I really hate this 'muh generation' stuff and I really don't like to take part of these debates, but I feel like I have to write this. It's always been the same. There will always be people who are more mature than others in every generation. Some people never mature mentally or take a long time to mature, whereas some are very mature and down to earth even at the age of 12. (uncommon but I have seen this happen)
In favour of the other side of this debate, though, as someone who is born in 2001, I can say that I have been exposed to loads of dumb crap and trends and I can see how these would make people more immature by kinda lowering the standards. I don't have to give any examples, just log on to any form of social media. This still does not change your personality, though.
Glimpsed
The cartoons that came out in the early 2000s literally scrambled the average child's brain, it tossed a lot of crap in there and made sure it stayed with the help of Internet.
It helped in the works by microwaving the kids thought patterns and slowly mutated and they morphed into a bunch of think they know it all rude jack ass's.

Your generation is going to have the worst fadsevah.
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

I dont know what community you live in and why it's like that, but that isnt really the case everywhere. It's a matter of bringing up the child. A teenage mom that wasnt expecting or atleast planning to get pregnant and give birth would probably be less prepared that someone in their early 30's or late 20's trying for a child. They'd have their morals in check, they'd have saved up money for the child's education, their resources, tangible and intangible, would be prepared. Atleast for the majority.

To anyone else who says "Our generation is much better than yours" or "Your generation sucks", I just think they arent much better. If you really felt that way, you would've/should have guided them to the right path. It takes a community to raise a child, if children end up fucked up then it's the community/generation that raised them that's the problem.
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post

Nostalgia for a time more than 100 years before you were born?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
The sentence I posted is a quote from the time of Socrates.
The youth today is not any worse than the youth more than 2000 years ago.
You can find quotes like that from all well documented periods of time.
How are you?
The problem with this generation is just that a lot of us expect this kind of instant gratification. But it is unfair to just condition this to our generation, since when the internet came around, we had access to information everywhere, and access to all sorts of things just like that. And this affected everyone.
Yeah, too bad 2000 years ago people weren't advancing as fast as we are now.

The WWI compared to WW2 is a good indication of how fast our people had begun to advance because we were able to communicate with people from the other side of the world.

The time of Socrates would literally be the same everyday until a new ruler was appointed
There technology wasn't advancing fast enough because the wars weren't big enough. Bigger wars, bigger weapons this wasn't the case though. They lived in a small world.

We toss your generation in there because you guys were the first to be born in it. A lot of us had to see it go through many stages before it reached this point. So it probably had less of an impact on us then the kids born in it. It's crazy I see kids in elementary with self phones. Don't tell me that hasn't effected that kid in a unique way. when I was in elementary I had a Gameboy, and people crowded me to watch me rek other pokemon trainers with a lan cable, that shit amazed us. Today we got this wifi stuff and it's all wireless and whatnot. This is literally THE biggest change to people in history since like The Phone or something. It may have changed us all, but the kids who only know internet and doesn't know what it's like when the internet didn't exist were effected most by this transition.
I dunno if you are arguing for or against technology. You are just stating obvious facts. Are you making a point?

In case you are arguing against children using modern technologies:
Have you considered that being able to reach your child any time has some advantages? All the parents I know force their children to carry phones for security reasons.
Additionally having your child grow up in the world of yesterday will not prepare it for the world of tomorrow. Teach them to use those devices responsibly and it'll be fine.

I congratulate you for your amazing skills at Pokemon.
How are you?
Just sayin' this generation compared to the last is very different and the generations after are also going to be very very different because how fast the world works now.
Something some dude 2000 years ago would hardly understand, I highly doubt 300BC was very much different from 200BC.

Very offtopic but
I think people are starting to look younger or something. Many kids that go to highschool here and are graduating this year look like they're still a freshman. The kids from the 50s graduate photos look like they're 25. I wonder why, I also saw this happening when I was going to school, I looked rather young in grade 12, but kids in grade 12 when I was in grade 8 looked like they were in there 20s, I wonder why.