Ranking
Also, do we really aspire to have a war squad? I thought we were forum based? Will the war squad be allowed to manage wars themselves? Do we vote for who gets accepted in recruitment? Are we going to have a recruitment thread of just ask for apps to be sent via PM? Are we just going to give everyone the rank of "Member" (other than leaders and artists ofc) or are we going to have some heirachical infrastructure put in place? How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

So many questions to ask ourselves. I think we might have a longer road ahead of us that I had previously expected but to be honest that is probably a good thing, I get bored when clans stop growing.
Good morning sweet princess
Protonitron: myself, Ele and Link thought about having a war squad to have activity on both sides of the spectrum. And the member-structure was based on how the member was going to help with in the clan (War Squad, Forum squad, etc).
Glad to see what we talked is finally here Ele.
And, get to the IRC proto; that's where most of this was planned.
#TLDR
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
On a more relevant note; is this thread linked in the clan page yet?

Uh, it should be. Should've been linked the instant the Toriclan was created. Isn't it?

[1] Also, do we really aspire to have a war squad? I thought we were forum based? [2] Will the war squad be allowed to manage wars themselves? Do we vote for who gets accepted in recruitment? [3] Are we going to have a recruitment thread of just ask for apps to be sent via PM?[4] Are we just going to give everyone the rank of "Member" (other than leaders and artists ofc) or are we going to have some heirachical infrastructure put in place?

Yeah, lot of questions. Here goes nothing, lol;
[1] We decided it would be a good idea to have at least a semi-multifaceted clan. Rather than just being active in the forum and IRC spheres, we can have a war squad and also be active in the ingame sphere as well. The more mediums we can express our activity in, the better.

[2] The current thinking is that we hold all members to some maturity/intellectual standard, but that the war commander finds and selects his squad. For the war squad, we wouldn't treat them like they're applying as forum-elites, but we wouldn't be accepting deadshits.

[3] Well, I re-read the rules, and apparently if we are recruiting, then we have to have a recruitment thread. I was going to get people to just post freeform apps here, but I suppose we'll have to get them to post a freeform app in a recruitment centre thread.

[4] We'll have a split between the Elite Forumers and the Ingame Beasts (ranks titles subject to change... suggestions?). Ofc, clan artist is seperate, and so will any other special positions we can think of.

And yeah, like Nerti said, you should hop on IRC often. It's just easier to communicate ideas through that rather than PMs.

edit: You ninja'd me Insane, and I'm not sure my post is before yours or not.. some weird forum glitch. So I'll answer you here;

The ways wars are in Toribash, you don't need to think to hard about devising some strategy and weighing the pros and cons. Most clans have a few 'war commander' type people, and they've got the Toriclan permissions to wage wars themselves (some ingame clans give those permissions to all of their members). I think it'd be best to allow our war commander autonomy, seeing as that person would be all about ingame, and they'd know their shit - whereas us forumers don't really.

Also, creating some chain of command/bureaucracy that the commander needs to follow to initiate a war wouldn't be a good idea. A lot of clans wars are created on the spot, in the server, between a few members of each clan (it could even be 1v1). If we put in some time-delay, then we'd miss out on a lot of opportunities to go to war.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
I think that a War squad will expand the Clan's visibility and this is good, but we have to maintain our standards to accept members, of course they should be more playing-skills oriented but have to maintain TLDR's name and prupose. About the Management I think that it should have a leader, someone the squad can call for, but he won't take actions before asking the leaders, we could set Link for example as the council of War, then to set up a war the War Leader should ask his permission, Link on the other hand could request other non-warrior members (like myself and Daedalus) information regarding this war, pros, cons and to study the enemy, once decided Link give the War Leader authorization to start the war. In my opinion this is a good way to keep our standards and yet be able to participate in all toribash events.
Also, do we really aspire to have a war squad? I thought we were forum based? Will the war squad be allowed to manage wars themselves? Do we vote for who gets accepted in recruitment? Are we going to have a recruitment thread of just ask for apps to be sent via PM? Are we just going to give everyone the rank of "Member" (other than leaders and artists ofc) or are we going to have some heirachical infrastructure put in place? How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

So many questions to ask ourselves. I think we might have a longer road ahead of us that I had previously expected but to be honest that is probably a good thing, I get bored when clans stop growing.

We're not having a recruitment thread according to Ele, but yeah, we talked all about this stuff on irc. You should come over some time. :O
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
We're not having a recruitment thread according to Ele,

Well, I re-read the rules and it turns out we do need to have one if we're recruiting. Or I don't know, maybe we could get them just to PM us if they're interested, like Proto mused?
Making people pm us would make the application harder to go around. I think we should just make a recruitment page for now, then, discuss in IRC and sorts. It would be better that way.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Well, I re-read the rules and it turns out we do need to have one if we're recruiting. Or I don't know, maybe we could get them just to PM us if they're interested, like Proto mused?

You can't just make a thread and state you have to pm the application, and then just use that thread to tell the applicants if they are accepted or denied?
Originally Posted by Space View Post
You can't just make a thread and state you have to pm the application, and then just use that thread to tell the applicants if they are accepted or denied?

But if we do have to make a thread in the recruiment centre, then there's no reason why they shouldn't just post the application there. The only reason I'm thinking we could get them to PM us is so that we don't have to worry about a thread in the recruitment centre. Originally, I would've just liked to have them post their app here.

It's an issue that's gonna require further discussion. I don't know which path we should take.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 23, 2015 at 01:45 PM.
Ele: I didn't know about this dynamism of wars, I thought it was more like a Battlefield match with players, field, rules and goals set. In this case my idea won't work good, yours is far better since less bureaucracy = more wars, forget what I've said everyone.