Ranking
Do you want swivel cups? I'm not a fan of swivel cups as they often affect durability.

You could look at the M50. It's quite bassy, and the highs are a bit rolled off but its pretty decent quality. It'll give "fullness" to the sound due to the bass response. I don't think you'll be able to find a competent headphone that sounds full and balanced at the price point (or arguably at any. Speakers do bass "better" than headphones). The cups dont swivel.

I dunno how itll cope with flailing your head around, you can ask Nikita (iirc) about that, since he has a pair with a coiled cable.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
re0 is "high quality" sound, the vsonic (if theyre like the RO2pro2) is bassier and also quite good quality

I think I'll grab the R04's, RE0's look good, as I've read in some reveiws, did some comparing, and R04's seem to be the better fit to me I like meh bass, so I'm gonna grab those.

Gonna see if my dad will give me $100 and get {These}, look pretty damn good, probably better than R04's :P Worth a try.

Anyhow, thanks :]
I don't like the TF10 that much for the price, but alrighty.
Does anyone in Perth, Western Australia want to buy a pair of headphones from me?

DT770pros to be exact.

They've got local warranty until Januray, theyre about 370AUD locally or 200USD in America. They were purchased when the AUD was .6 USD.

So... 160 AUD to pick it up in person?

For 160AUD you're pretty much not going to get a better bassy headphone, plus theyre indestructible.

You can listen to it before you buy it.
Hoy there, looking for a decent set of noise canceling buds. Budget is $50-$75, could be stretched to $100 if absolutely necessary.
They'll be worn in quite a noisy factory, so noise cancelling trumps sound quality.

They're gonna be driven by some shitty no-name mp3 player, and listened to in a noisy environment, so yeah, anything for me?
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Etymotic Research

Basically anything from these guys is far and away the best in terms of isolation.

I'd highly recommend going used (most tips are silicon so can be washed thoroughly, theyre also all replaceable)..

For example; HF5 (you'd have to buy your own tips in this case)

The holy grail here would be the ER4. Great isolation, fantastic sound. Weak bass impact, however.

I use the ER4 and find the bass fine, and it offers 33-41dB Isolation. So yeah.

Alternatively, you could look at a Sure SE115
SE115k

Just a quick warning, you might experience hiss with some of the Etymotic research headphones (that is, your mp3 player might produce a high pitched whining noise), due to their sensitivity etc.

The sansa clip doesn't hiss audibly in my experience (or at least no where near what some others do). Not sure how they did it so cheap, maybe an impedance tweak, not sure. You can get sansa clips for like $18

You could also look at Ultimate Ears (some drummers use them, but they're inferior to etymotics IMO). Since they were bought out by logitech theres been a few sales.

herp
Designed for those who demand the most from their gear, the GI premium quality 40mm drivers and superb stealth paint will keep you tuned in and out of sight. With the Skullcandy GI headphones you'll experience crisp highs, precise mids and thumping bass. The GI's feature super soft leather touch earpads, 90 degree swivel ear cups, home stereo adapter & inline volume control.
  • Micro bottle opener
  • Travel bag
  • In-line volume control
  • Interchangeable ear pads
  • 6.3mm stereo adapter
  • Extender cable
  • Over ear design

Specifications
  • Speaker diameter: 40mm
  • Magnet type: NdFeB
  • Frequency range: 18 - 20K Hz
  • Impedance: 50 ohms
  • Max input power: 400mW
  • Cable type: OFC
  • Cable length: 1.2 M
  • Plug type: 3.5mm gold plated
Idk,
bought mine for 107.00 CA$, buy them cheaper on ebay, Etc. I use on My laptop and my ipod touch 3rd generation
Last edited by Savyor; May 23, 2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: skulfuk can read this
Sup skullcandy viral marketing?

But seriously, Skullcandy headphones sound bad and you should feel bad.