people playing: 95, servers online: 30, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

  Toribash Community » Toribash » Suggestions & Ideas
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 5, 2018   #1
Lionet
Senior Member
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,430
Clan: Vector



Staff Titles


Nothing major really, but if it's simple to do I don't see why not

I think each staff position in View Staff could be colored with the respective staff color since some of staffs included in a position is in another one(s) too. Would look nice, organized and somewhat more aesthetical

e.g.: Administrator

Clan Squad: Clan Cops

Event Squad
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2018   #2
ЯMrMiyagy
Astrophysicist
 
Black Hole Belt
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,332



I don't think it matters because their names are already colored. I don't see a need for this to be added in whatsoever, or what it would actually add.
Psychology, the way to win Toribash games.

MrMiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2018   #3
Lionet
Senior Member
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,430
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
I don't think it matters because their names are already colored. I don't see a need for this to be added in whatsoever, or what it would actually add.

because some people are in more than one staff role, and even I got lost when I didn't know their respective colors. I don't think this really matters or is important, but really would help a bit for those who doesn't know the colors yet
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #4
ЯMrMiyagy
Astrophysicist
 
Black Hole Belt
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,332



If someone is having trouble knowing what color is for which group, see if the people with different colors are in a different user group.
Psychology, the way to win Toribash games.

MrMiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #5
Nike
Just Do It!
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,639
Clan: Midnight



Not hard things to implement I believe.
Apparently not everyone can reach to that conclusion miyagy. It doesn't bring harm to get implement and it gives a bit more on benefical factor than the negatives side.

Although, i had a bit different idea... Why not make that a link instead of color that leads to the faq regarding that position so people can get a clear picture on who should they contact if they have problem.
❤ Morals || Manta || Frost ❤
A.K.A Tricerafi
Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #6
Lionet
Senior Member
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,430
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by Nike View Post
Not hard things to implement I believe.
Apparently not everyone can reach to that conclusion miyagy. It doesn't bring harm to get implement and it gives a bit more on benefical factor than the negatives side.

Although, i had a bit different idea... Why not make that a link instead of color that leads to the faq regarding that position so people can get a clear picture on who should they contact if they have problem.

Any idea that could guide newcomers about staff's respective colors would help, not too long ago I found it really hard to figure out what color is who

also this seems really really easy to do so I see no reason for not doing it, even if it's not that necessary it would help a bit
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #7
•SmallBowl
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,337
Clan: Parrot



It would take a bit of web design work

you cant just put clan squad as you suggested because black text, black background. Similarly the contrast would be too low for the Event squad, and you cant overhaul the page too much because it should still fit the theme of the website

its not quite as easy as it is being made out
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #8
Lionet
Senior Member
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,430
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
It would take a bit of web design work

you cant just put clan squad as you suggested because black text, black background. Similarly the contrast would be too low for the Event squad, and you cant overhaul the page too much because it should still fit the theme of the website

its not quite as easy as it is being made out

I thought about it as well, it would be a problem. Sadly I can't think of any solution for this besides adding borderline or shadow :/

EDIT: or turning clan squad back to orange or something, but I don't feel like I can ask something like this
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018   #9
+suomynona
Banning Icky from Wibbles would be a crime against nature.
 
Toxic Belt
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,935
Clan: spirit



Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
It would take a bit of web design work

you cant just put clan squad as you suggested because black text, black background. Similarly the contrast would be too low for the Event squad, and you cant overhaul the page too much because it should still fit the theme of the website

its not quite as easy as it is being made out

Valid points. I checked and it is possible to add styling to the usergroup names without completely redesigning the forums, so it may happen.
User title may be a victim of recent outsourcing endeavors.
suomynona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game