Toribash
Original Post
osu!

http://osu.ppy.sh
Gameplay

Game levels are called beatmaps. In each beatmap, a song will play and different hit elements (hit circles, sliders and spinners) will appear on the play field. Players must use a pointing device to manipulate these elements in time with the playing song's rhythm in order to earn points. While the mouse is considered the most popular input device, combinations of mouse, Tablet PC, graphics tablet and keyboard can be utilised.

Objective

The main objective when playing osu! is simply for players to hit, complete, and clear enough hit circles, sliders and spinners to keep their health bar, which drains at a steady rate throughout the game, above 0 until the song is over. More experienced players will often strive for a more specific and difficult goal, like improving their high score or grade on a particular map, usually by attempting to time their hits better and avoid as many misses as possible to increase combo multipliers.

Scoring

A combo multiplier is kept throughout the song. Upon successfully following an object (hitting a hit circle, hitting a slider end or slider tick, clearing a spinner, etc.), the multiplier is increased by 1; upon a failure (missing a hit circle, missing a slider end or slider tick, not filling a spinner an adequate amount, etc.), the multiplier is reset to 0. This multiplier is then multiplied by several factors including the difficulty of the played beatmap and "mod multiplier", user-applicable multiplier resulting from activating gameplay-altering mods, which is then multiplied by the base score of the hit to get the score of the hit. To be more precise, the score formula of a hit is:

Score of a hit = Base score of a hit * (1 + combo multiplier * difficulty multiplier * mod multiplier / 25)

Beatmaps

The game uses player designed "beatmaps", which are the files containing the actual gameplay data. Created using an in-game editor, this allows the user to pick any song they like and create beats for it. Beatmaps for specific songs can then be shared through an in-game uploader directly linked to the main site. Moderators can then provide feedback for the beatmaps, usually suggesting some means of improving its quality. After the author has modified the beatmap according to the tips it received and the moderators are content with its quality, they may approve it for ranking. Statistics for each quality approved beatmap, known as "ranked" beatmaps, are maintained on the osu! website. Scores for each ranked beatmap are totaled to determine a player's ranked score, which determines a player's score ranking.

As of September 27, 2012, over 60,000 beatmaps have been created, out of which about 6,800 have attained ranked status. The number of ranked maps gradually increase as the Moderators or Beatmap Appreciation Team rank newly submitted maps.

Idk, maybe I'll host a room every weekend around 3 PM (GMT 0)

Share your video here.
also close this concon if you think this isn't the right place for it.
:D
It has a lot of anime op and ed's. A very large portion of the community are otakus.

It's also far from unique. It's in fact based off 2 other games.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by ConCon19 View Post
I haven't seen anything like it before so it's unique to me I guess

Its great, I play the catch the beat mode all of the time :P
On the Catch The Beat mode you catch fruit moving side to side and the fruits fall along with the song and at different rates depending on the difficulty.
All songs mapped by the players.

I also made myself my own fruit catcher guy!

- I felt like jumping into this topic as I saw the thread name -
I like to draw and stuff
Tyzi approves this

Also don't forget to join tonight! 5 hours left !

I'll record some stuff later
gud then you're in.
>inb4 ishi can't join because he's a 6 stars scrub and have rank like 10000-ish