Ranking
smh it has nothing to do with politics. watch the video again please.

the whole video.

and listen to what they are saying and what they are doing.

Video:
Stereotypical white male and stereotypical black male sit down at a table.

White male begins to express the general views of the black race from a white perspective. Brings up some good points as well as releasing some stereotypical views. Repeats that he is not racist. He is simply expressing his views. Ok.

White male finishes and sits down, explaining that he would like to hear the other side.

Black male stands up and begins to express his opinions in regard to what the white male said. During this time he brings in his own stereotypes while bringing up good points. The white male listens but over time begins to show a bit of understanding.

Black male finishes up, saying that he has now heard his story.

Pretty much ends video saying now we can come to an understanding. Agree to disagree, and we can some to an understanding. They stand and hug.

It is literally all about taking the time to sit down and talk about it.
Last edited by Yuma; Dec 16, 2017 at 01:47 AM.
Meh. I think I need to quit toribash for a bit.
Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
smh it has nothing to do with politics. watch the video again please.

the whole video.

and listen to what they are saying and what they are doing.

you didnt even read what I wrote................... are you serious.................. do you even see his hat

..... MAGA ....................... its about race in politics.......................................... ..................... this is like the most obvious thing lol.........

how can it be about "talking it out" if they literally change nothing from talking about and except that say "they won't change there views" and hug...... they are literally saying "politics is polarizing us for no reason, it doesn't have to do with our friendship, lets stop talking about politics & agree to disagree and love each other as PEOPLE"
-----
ok im not arguing with you anymore.... i got to go anyways... i made my point, agree to disagree lol.
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 16, 2017 at 01:50 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
My goodness. The entire dress was 100% to represent the stereotype of their dedicated race.

White man: Trump Hat, white shirt, blue jeans.

Black male: Dreads(?), sports shirt basketball?, gold watch, necklace.
-----
This isn't an argument. This is a debate. :L

As long as we keep it professional there shouldn't be a problem. Don't run from a good debate xD

We need to talk about this.
Last edited by Yuma; Dec 16, 2017 at 01:52 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
My goodness. The entire dress was 100% to represent the stereotype of their dedicated race.

White man: Trump Hat, white shirt, blue jeans.

Black male: Dreads(?), sports shirt basketball?, gold watch, necklace.
-----
This isn't an argument. This is a debate. :L

As long as we keep it professional there shouldn't be a problem. Don't run from a good debate xD

We need to talk about this.

thats what im saying... its RACE IN POLITICS.... why else would they be discussing political controversy such as police, etc.

i got to go.

bye

agree to disagree lmao... this is turning into flaming tbh
NOW THAT I HAVE EXPLAINED WHAT I BELIEVE THE VIDEO MEANT, IT IS TIME FOR MY OPINION ON THE VIDEO

. . . I think that the person portraying blacks made a pretty weak rebuttal to the things that the white dude brought up, pretty much bringing up points like,

Racism is the reason we do bad things and,

Most of us aren't as bad as you think we are.

also I don't think the black bro should've smacked the white bros hat off. That wasn't cool.
-----

Now as I said on my first post, I think that having these uncomfortable conversations that no one wants to talk about will help us reach a better place, but that alone . . .

honestly won't amount to shit. we can't simply hug our problems away.

This video certainly has the right idea but if we want to even get close to making our society better, we are gunna have to do a lot more than talk.

As a black man, I think that my race really needs to step it tf up. We need to do for ourselves and stop blaming people for our problems, even if we are at a disadvantage.

Successful black people don't blame others for their misfortune. They work their ass off and pave their way to a better place, on their own. This country is certainly racist, and black people kinda have it rough no doubt. But we can amount to things other than athletics and music (no disrespect).

tl;dr we really have no excuse. and I think black people need to treat fellow black people a bit better. We are the most divided race among ourselves.
Last edited by Yuma; Dec 16, 2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

blah

This is the problem with politics (or the discussion of race in America).

People come up with blanket statements like "I think black people need to treat fellow black people a bit better."

its not that simple

case by case

case by case is the solution

people want to solve everything in the world with some blanket thought

its case by case.

(also you mentioned before that the white dude keeps saying he's not racist, but failed to note that the black man does the same, which I think is actually fascinating, the artist shows thousands of similarities between the two people, as if they are the same person only divided by race [even cooler: if you think about it, they are actually the same person], which plays into the statement I argued previously that I think the artist is making: people are one until divided by race/racial politics, hence the "fuck politics/race" message)
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 16, 2017 at 04:22 AM.
Anywho, I had made (and deleted) a rather heated post in rebuttal to what you had typed above. I had felt a bit targeted by it and had spent some time correcting your word choice etc.

If you have seen it, I apologise as it was not necessary and added nothing to the topic at hand.

I am curious on your view of the video itself. Like, how effective was this video in carrying its message and was it appealing to you at all?

Personally I think that the video, while it was nice and catchy, does nothing to add to awareness of division in this country.

I can literally say it is just another "controversial" rap song amongst many. All in all, I don't think we need any more rap videos.
joyner lucas made a song a while back i liked called keep it 100, but it didn't get too popular

an issue someone brought up was that that shit was too long, and it seems that keep it 100 was considerably long AS WELL! he may have an issue with making his shit too long, but i've not listened to much outside of keep it 100 and the 2 songs he's made recently that have garnered all of the ATTENTION

how i feel about the situation:
his good song keep it 100 got like 2 million views, which isn't bad but he can do better

what's a better ways to get traction than by saying controversial shit?

"a rapper saying nigger? in his song? that's insane! how brave can one soul be, to risk his whole reputation as a celebrity by addressing the most rudimentary form of racism and saying that it's bad? to risk his entire LIFE, even, to say racism is bad? Holy BABUSHKA!!!!!!"
of course racism is bad, we don't need a 7 minute song depicting some fat hick truck driver being prejudiced towards one of the most hood niggas imaginable (He's a father that does not support his children? That's bad. If you didn't understand that was bad, I'll spell it out for you!)

so, a hypothetical:
i'm completely wrong. for some reason, joyner lucas truly wants to address the dwindling form of racism that is the standard TRUMP SUPPORTER TYPE DISCRIMINATES BLACK MAN DUE TO 60 YEAR OLD STANDARDS AND WORLD VIEWS / HOOD FATHER DISCRIMINATES FAT WHITE MAN FOR NOT DIRECTLY GIVING HIM MONEY AND FOOD. what is he doing by saying this type of relationship is bad? we've understood (In the United States of America) for literally 60 years that it's bad
jim crow laws have been abolished
there are no separate facilities
how is saying "racism is bad, stop being racist" going to help an already nearly nonexistent problem at this point

joyner over saturates racism because he's not actually around it. i go to an extremely hick school in arkansas (Considerably red state!). there are like 3 black people out of everyone in the entire high school. majority of the people there are, of course, the trump supporter type
not a single one of them is racist
their parents may be, because that's what they've grown up around and that was their upbringing
but none of them are racist.

also i don't find it coincidental that he decided to release this controversial song at the same time he releases the song dissing the top rappers atm

"in addition to joyner lucas saying racism is bad, he's saying that the recreational drug issue is bad? Holy Shoosh!!!!!!! how amazing can one person even fathom being?"

i'm very sure that this is all a popularity thing because "Rapper says nigger" makes headlines considerably fast
pacquiao
Now that there's some topic on this, and a heated one (which is kind of what I wanted, I wanted a bit of intensity behind this topic, but please don't rebuke other people opinions because they don't match your own) I'll start explaining my thoughts on the video, and racism in general.

To start it off, there are a couple people who seem to think my questions don't fit the video. Well, they'd be partly right. I made those questions more based around the more general topic of racism, not the video itself. The video was a starting point to a lengthy discussion about a serious topic, and wasn't supposed to be anything more.

Now, to answer some of the topics above, why wouldn't it be about both? Race and politics? They added Trump and the police and Eminem in the song because they're trending, it was designed to fire people up (and it worked apparently).

The video was based off of stereotypes, stereotypes being the twisted way another culture might view another. The whole point of using stereotypes in a video like this was to ease tension off the fact that there are people who legitimately act like this. Thankfully, as far as I know, these people are no longer as common. keep in mind that I'm from a different part of the world than you are. What I don't see, maybe others do.

Stereotypes also have a different meaning for this video. Because stereotypes all come from some basic source. Like I said before, the typical trump-supporting hat wearing fat, white American came from somewhere, right? And what about the crazy-hairstyle poor-clothing design from the African American? It doesn't mean that everyone looks and acts like the way they do. But some people do, and that's what this video thrust upon you.

As for bringing awareness to people, I think just my very discussion brought you a little more aware towards it. Personally, it sparked an idea that I could share this with you guys, and understand where you all stand on this. It didn't make me any more aware about racism in itself, but it let me remember that it's still very much a thing. I live in a fairly nice neighborhood, so alot of racism doesn't really happen around here. That's why I'm eager to hear from someone who's seen it first hand, experienced it, so I can know if it's getting any better from when you were young, when your parents were young.

Although it's a very touchy subject we're dealing with, please be open to others ideas. We're a small community, we can't just disappear here if we say something unacceptable.

I'll write out more replies in the next couple of days. There's a lot I need to reply to here
Last edited by Karbn; Dec 16, 2017 at 01:35 PM.
White people saying "nigger" is all about degrading the black person they are saying it to, depending on the context.
when it comes to saying "nigger" or "nigga" it is all about personal experience.
you're white you cant walk into somebodies hood and just start saying "nigga" and sure as hell not "nigger" because the meaning carries different weight in different places.
Now, if youre white and you've been in the hood all youre life that is different because you understand that in YOURE hood you can say that shit but you sure as hell not gonna role up in nobody elses hood and say that shit because you understand the culture and you understand how disrespectful that is.

"but but im not being disrespectful, its just a word I dont mean any harm." but that is what you dont get. Me, my brothers, my parents, their parents, everyone in my family has been called nigger before to be hateful for not fucking reason. I was fighting in K I N D E R G A R D E N, 5 years old because to white boys called my brother a nigger and tried to jump him. I've been fighting all my life, my family, my ancestors have fought all their lives we all been fighting all our lives because over some bullshit. It is not a matter of whether or not it is just a word it is about the personal message you feel when you hear that shit. I dont give a fuck if youre white and you say nigga as a means of greeting your friends. But once you start using it to throw the past in my face, once you call me a "nigger" because you think that it is funny, or because i've made you mad that is when I get to drop your ass for disrespecting my family.

I dont give a fuck if slavery was 200 years ago or if you think it is "Just" a word. Say that shit to me to provoke me and see dont I add another broken jaw to my tally list.