Toribash
Original Post
Another problem with teh server...
Ok I got another pc and had to put debian on it, because FC5 doesn't work with the TNT2 video card. Anyway, when I try to run the server this time, it wont load, it gives me this error:

./tbd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

No clue how to get libstdc++ oh and is there a firewall I need to turn off with debian?
Heh im a linux noob, but at least I prefer it over winblows if I can get it to work right.
"She stole my virginity!"---"Well you weren't using it..."
Ich bin muede. Ich brauche einen Feieren...
Re: Another problem with teh server...
Some other debian user had this problem.

Just upgrade your libstdc++ and it should work.

The port toribash runs on (default 20184) needs to be open in the firewall aswell.
Re: Another problem with the server...
Ok... but how exactly I upgradethe libstdc++? Heh, It's gotta be fun... And do I open the firewall the same way as with fedora 5?

The alternative would be getting my tnt2 pro to work under fedora, which would be equally as fun from what I can tell... and I'd need help with that too.
try apt (i use fedora, so I don't know the syntax)

run apt -h or apt --help for instructions.

(it could be apt-get, i am not sure)
I has a flavour
Ok... think I put a space in apt-get when I tried it... do you know how to open the firewall? I'm gonna to search for it :P dhur
Ok, apparently I have libstdc, but not gcc 4.2.0 (which strangely enough, is a prerequisite package for libstdc) I've downloaded the source for it, but I have no experience with compiling anything... Help?
go into the folder which contains the source and run these commands:
./configure
make
make install
It could take a very long time. I would recommend seeing if you can get gcc through apt.

I posted a whole thing on the firewall in Fedora 5 in the support forum. It should still be relevant to debian, but your mileage may vary.
I has a flavour
Thanks a ton =) I'm compiling it now, and I have the firewall opened.