ES Recruitment Drive
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
The problem here is less "Graphics" and more, why this game costs more than commerical games developed by huge teams of people, with outstanding game engines that have taken years to develop, and have massively innovative gameplay.
FUN FACT: People are resorting to flame-wars again...Hooray!!! :

Look, first off, saying, "I think this game is too expensive for my tastes." is fine, but then comparing it to another game like Half-Life or something like that, and then listing how Toribash has less features and how Half-Life [place mod-thingy here] is better and has better graphics and blahblahblahblah...really comes off as accusatory and insulting.
You aren't going to buy it (I'm not because I think the price is too high...), that's fine, I understand. You're going to buy it...good for you too, you're supporting an independent programmer who kicks major ass...but flaming the people who aren't going to buy Toribash doesn't help the community either.
Originally Posted by Shogoll
The problem here is less "Graphics" and more, why this game costs more than commerical games developed by huge teams of people, with outstanding game engines that have taken years to develop, and have massively innovative gameplay.

Engines take years to develop now? That's news. I thougth they take anything between 1 week and 5 months...
The debugging and optimizing is another story.
What what? In the butt.

I hate graphics engines. They are a pain to get working.

I love graphics engines. Once they are working ;)
I has a flavour
Because no one answerd the last person who asked this, ill ask again, when is it ocming out?

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Mojo
Are people still crying about graphics? Seriously, I'd take a game with great gameplay over an interactive movie anyday. If you want to hold Generic FPS#203 over a game that's actually unique, go right ahead.

If you think HL2 is a generic FPS, you have obviously not played it.
I'd pay $15 for this, for sure. $25? Hell no. That's why I'm pre-ordering. You've done a great job making an awesome and addicting physics based game, and look froward to your future projects n shiz.
Originally Posted by di4gram
If you think HL2 is a generic FPS, you have obviously not played it.

I played every HL from HL1, addons to HL2 ep1, and i still think it's generic fps with a well-made plot that keeps the hold, but a rather sucky(read: Unstable resourcesucker of an) engine.
Don't get the ex-"pro"-mapmaker started about the editor *shudder* (Rune, UT, et.c... )

But props for VALVe for the plot, like Blizzard, they can do one hell of a plot(with strategically placed plotholes, no less!), unlike Blizzard, they can't do a proper engine tho =(
They'll learn eventually, i hopes!

EDIT: them evil typos

Originally Posted by Ishiku
Because no one answerd the last person who asked this, ill ask again, when is it ocming out?

Veb said ''a few weeks'' but i'll give a more trustworthy answer; Highlight this message.
WHEN IT'S DONE!!! =D
What what? In the butt.
I agree about the editor. I have level-designed for UT, UT2k4 and Quake 2. I simply cannot use their editor it is that bad.

Anyway - can we try to get this back on topic. We are supposed to be discussing the Toribash 2.0 Pre Order.
I has a flavour