Toribash
Original Post
Huge fire in Madeira Island
Madeira map:

Okay so yesterday a fire started in Funchal, and it spread quickly enough to reach Palheiro by now.

People were brought to the hospital because of smoke inhalation, panic attacks and burns, but there were no deaths caused by the fire so far.
People were evacuated from their homes.

And then, there was another one reported in Santo da Serra at 9 AM (close enough to reach my house if it spreads quickly).

They say that a C-130 is on the way with 83 specialized firefighters.

But wait, what is this? Another fire?
Yeah, another one, this time in Ponta do Pargo.

It's already a pity to watch so much forest burn, but guess who joins the party now.

Santa Cruz also is being threatened by ANOTHER fire.

This must have been done on purpose, I mean so many fires in such a small period of time?
My only question is why would have they done this, were they drunk, bored or some kind of retard?~

The island has been victim of many fires, one burning most of the Laurissilva forest, which was unique for it's plants and animals, but this case is by far the worst, and because the island has a lot of vegetation, it's spreading quickly.

(sorry for my english)
Last edited by pusga; Jul 19, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
oh yeah
well thank god
[17:02] <Homer> anyone up for some tb?
01[17:09] <BlackBear> No.
[17:12] <Homer> >.>
[17:13] <Dafe> TB is what killed Doc Holiday.
Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
I was never good at coming up with solutions, but hear me out:

Get the Hell out of there.

Quoted for truth.

/ontopic

Police should be more careful of clues. There have been cases like this before in America and other places. It is probably a psychotic pyromaniac with a disregard for people's lives.
If you look at the map 3 of the fires are relatively close to each other. But then theres a fire in Ponta Do Pargo which is all the way across the island from the other places. If it is done on purpose, then is it a crew doing this? Or possibley a insane man driving form place to place burning stuff? If he was alone, the how did somone not see a man driving with a bunch of gasoline tanks and some kind of lighter?