Ranking
Original Post
Classify Wibbles as a non-public space
Classify Wibbles as a non-public space so we can say 'nigga' in it.

Right now the rules aren't consistent with what is and isn't a public space. Clan boards are deemed private spaces and yet Wibbles isn't, even though you NEED TO LOGIN to even view it!

'Nigga' in Wibbles should be acceptable just as 'nigga' in clan boards is currently. If 'prospective partners' aren't phased by the use of 'nigga' in clan boards, why would they phased by 'nigga' in a board they can't even see?
No.

Stick it behind a paywall and maybe you'd have a point. But no, it's as public as the news board or the offtopic board.

Not happening my dude.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
No.

Stick it behind a paywall and maybe you'd have a point. But no, it's as public as the news board or the offtopic board.

Not happening my dude.

clan boards are also open to the public.
If I remember, it's generally to avoid a "cancerous community"
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Berzerk View Post
clan boards are also open to the public.

So you are suggesting to ban them in clan boards too ? =))

Please don't. -Grohenbird
Last edited by Grohenbird; Aug 31, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Honestly what 'prospective partner' (lol) is gonna to go to the Wibbles section of the forum, see some kid type 'nigga pls' and decide to take his business elsewhere? I'd imagine these 'partners' (lol) would be attracted the game itself rather than a couple of kids. If they did really have such a moral stick up their arse, then they could just request that we make a rule change.

We can take off our tin foil hats - On the off-chance that a 'prospective partner' (lol) has a problem with 'nigga' in Wibbles we can just ban it then.

Now, the main point is that we all know there's no consistency on this thing (clan boards are even more open to browsing by prospective partners than Wibbles is, as lovely Reta pointed out), so why not, for the sake of a thrilled community, grant Wibbles the same privilege. IF the community abuses that privilege (we haven't with clan boards far), we can quickly ban it again.

Is this not fair, good gentleman?
Last edited by Ele; Sep 1, 2017 at 06:58 AM.
no its not fair

this is not an improvement in any way. i wont sugarcoat since we all know the community, especially in wibbles, is toxic enough as it is right now. the people that use slurs intentionally in public space are just trying to be edgy and break rules. seriously, why are words like 'nigga' so important for your toribash forum(TM) experience? its not even like theres a fun factor or anything at all, it's just some kind of Oh Let's Do This Because It's Against The Rules XD thing. blatant edginess

and it's pretty obvious that if we ever let people use slurs in wibbles, or in any other board where they are banned, users will abuse it.

there are absolutely no pros to this suggestion, nothing that will actually make wibbles (aka hell) or the community slightly better
-----
but it'd certainly make it EVEN more toxic!
Last edited by Arctic; Sep 1, 2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
What's so toxic about Wibbles? What's so horrifyingly bad about it already? It's way more edgy to be so hardcore against Wibbles than it is to enjoy a shitpost in there every once in a while.

and it's pretty obvious that if we ever let people use slurs in wibbles, or in any other board where they are banned, users will abuse it.

So that's your counter-argument for my suggestion to let us try it (like we've succeeded in doing with clans) - 'BLuRhg, it's PRETTY obViOuS it wonT WoRK'...?

Really? Maybe sit this one out..
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
What's so toxic about Wibbles? What's so horrifyingly bad about it already? It's way more edgy to be so hardcore against Wibbles than it is to enjoy a shitpost in there every once in a while.

hahaha yeah cause we all know you have been moderating that for a year
i don't mind if people are having harmless fun, i only care if they are being so bad they end up ruining other users' experience, which is something that has been happening since wibbles was implemented.
Originally Posted by Ele
So that's your counter-argument for my suggestion to let us try it (like we've succeeded in doing with clans) - 'BLuRhg, it's PRETTY obViOuS it wonT WoRK'...?

Really? Maybe sit this one out..

because it is? and you didnt even provide a counterargument?? and that was not even my only point??? lol oh boy here we go again

its like giving market squad to a user that was permanently banned for duel scamming yesterday. its a little bit more than obvious that its a dumb idea and will not work, but, hey, it doesnt hurt to try!

and if you are just gonna nitpick at my analogy, here is an actual example: we have clan boards/threads that are filled with slurs, racist jokes etc. people that browse those threads are aware that they will find that kind of content in them, since users manage their own clans. they create their clans and pretty much decide whats acceptable to post and what is not (there are global/CD rules anyway blah blah you know what i mean) in their threads. now, wibbles is a public board created, managed and moderated by the staff, so it should be held to a certain standard, even though those barely exist in a shitposting board. we just try to apply global rules and keep people from being complete idiots.

i really believe the LAST thing we need in wibbles is a fuckton of threads about the absolxDtely epik word niga!!

as i said before: "why are words like 'nigga' so important for your toribash forum(TM) experience? its not even like theres a fun factor or anything at all, it's just some kind of Oh Let's Do This Because It's Against The Rules XD thing" and "there are absolutely no pros to this suggestion, nothing that will actually make wibbles (aka hell) or the community slightly better"
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Wibbles is meant to be for the community Arctic (we don't want bs censorship when it's not necessary), not for the staff. You have to occasionally do some moderating and delete some guy being racist with 'nigga'? That's your job, you signed up to moderate. That sort of thing is gonna happen whether this rule changes or not. If you're so concerned about the workload we could institute Wibblecop lmods to delete and report global rule breaking stuff there.

Global rules apply in Wibbles yes, but they also still apply in clan boards and we can still use 'nigga' there in non-abusive ways. Clans are held to that global standard, like Wibbles is, but it also allows the use of 'nigga'. I'm sure you don't think clans are more 'toxic' (whatever that means) than Wibbles, right?

As for why change it, fun factor. Guess what, other people have different ideas of fun than you. Some people find it fun to drop the occasional 'sup niggaaaaa'. I know, I know... How toxic!!!
Last edited by Ele; Sep 1, 2017 at 08:43 AM.