ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Quality Acoustic Guitars
Been wanting a nice Acoustic Guitar for awhile, but as an electric guitar player, I have 0 experiance in what to look for. I want a nice guitar that's not going to make me dish out serious cash. Used is fine, so long as the guitar is nice.
Right now, I play an Epiphone Special II model and I bought it used. It's a nice guitar and I've had next to no problems with it. Can anyone recomend some quality acoustic guitars that arn't the Les Paul's of acoustic guitars??
---
Also, I don't mind if it's electric/acoustic. I don't know if I'd ever plug it in to an amp, but it never hurts to be prepared aye?
Last edited by JayStar; Jul 3, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Why not just go to your local music shop? Have a look around, ask to try out anything you like the look of - give it a few strums, if it sounds nice and is in your price range go for it. A word of advice, though - don't buy a Gibson ..they're overpriced and painfully average.
I currently have a Lyon by Washburn guitar, and it is pretty good, I'd suggest it.

They're pretty cheap as well, I'm selling mine because I am getting onto electric guitars a lot more, haven't touched my acoustic in a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a Gomez. My model is called Etudiante since it is still a beginner's guitar. They provide good quality guitars with a decent price and good sound. It isn't a famous brand at all though, so I doubt you'd find it online.

I'm also getting an electric guitar. I've made up my mind, I'm getting a semi-acoustic one. Epiphone es-335 to be exact. Beautiful sound and look, and it is capable of playing a lot of genres.

Epiphone

In my opinion it isn't all that expensive either, for such a good quality. I haven't made up my mind about the amplifier yet though.
Last edited by Dilara; Jul 6, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
I build classical guitars for a living. If you're looking for a good steel string guitar, go out and try a load, factory guitars are inconsistent when it comes to the upper levels of quality. As a general rule, they are all too overbuilt to ever sound as good as they could.

A better option would be to find a guitar maker local to you and see what they have. You'll get a guitar 10 times better for the same price as a big label guitar.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

This is an interesting thread, I've been trying to learn Guitar, but the Guitar I have is 16 years old (inherited..) so I need a new one and I have a very very low budget (being 15 sucks on the pocket eh? xD)

Anyone know of a good acoustic guitar for Ѓ80ish online? I've looked my self, but perhaps some Guitar experts here could prevent me from buying a piece of crap by accident. xD Thanks in advance.
A quality guitar for 80 quid? You're gonna struggle there, man - unless it's second hand.
In my experience, though, you don't want to buy a second hand guitar online.

There are some good cheapish Epiphone acoustics for musicians just starting out, and Yamaha makes some good starter packs.
My advice would be, if you haven't heard of the brand, don't buy it. Of course there is always exceptions, but it always helps if you're buying from a well-known trusted guitar maker.

Otherwise, like ClockworkMonkey said, go out and get yourself a nice acoustic from a local guitar maker or music shop.
Last edited by Wicked; Jul 10, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Cheers man, I looked at that Epiphone Guitar, and I'm happy with anything so long as you guys recommend it xD
Time to start saving xD In the mean time.. practicing on my 16 year old thing.. x)

For beginners, softer picks or harder picks? I have a Dunlop 88m (It's Green) although my friend said I should get a softer one. *shrug*
Well I prefer softer picks, some people like hard picks.
It's all down to what you're more comfortable with.