Ranking
Original Post
Better punishment for Set/art stealers
So, I was chatting with a person in a server when we started talking about stolen art.

Why is it that they can wear stolen art, take it off in a 24 hour period, and not be punished?

What I am suggesting is, that the people WHO DO take it off receive a certain amount of infraction points.
Think about this, say i'm new to toribash and i just bought some texture slots. I go on google to find some textures and find some really awesome ones. I put them on, not knowing its not allowed, and I receive an infraction for using stolen art. Do you see how that is contradictive there? I mean i understand someone stole a head texture from someone and they know better but how would you differentiate between all of those cases. My solution is to give them a 12 hour window to take it off, and if they refuse, then take necessary measures. But don't just give them a infraction for something that simple, because i was once that new player using google textures.

SMALLMOTHGIRLS4L

we are better than you
Originally Posted by FiddleJr View Post
Think about this, say i'm new to toribash and i just bought some texture slots. I go on google to find some textures and find some really awesome ones. I put them on, not knowing its not allowed, and I receive an infraction for using stolen art. Do you see how that is contradictive there? I mean i understand someone stole a head texture from someone and they know better but how would you differentiate between all of those cases. My solution is to give them a 12 hour window to take it off, and if they refuse, then take necessary measures. But don't just give them a infraction for something that simple, because i was once that new player using google textures.

I should just ignore your comment since you didn't read the earlier posts, but...

I am talking about when someone receives the warning to take the head off and the staff give them a 24 hour period to take it off. If they do take it off, they should still receive a small punishment such as an infraction point that will eventually expire.
My bad didnt have time to look at the earlier posts but i do understand what your saying. That does make sense and the more repeat offenses, the worser and worser punishment goes but i do undestand what your saying

SMALLMOTHGIRLS4L

we are better than you
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post
That it true, but I am talking about when someone takes it off in the time period the staff sets (24 hours). The people that do take it off in that time period should still receive a punishment (even if just a small one)

Ok cool, thanks for clarifying.

There are two main reasons for any punitive action we do on the forum.
1. As a punishment for behavior where the offender had malicious intentions and knew that what they did was wrong etc etc.

2. As a reformative and informative tool. As part of the punishment process we want people to reflect and realise that what they did is not ok and that they need to shape up.

(3. Not related here but in scams and some market related cases offenders may have their items or tc seized to compensate a victim who lost tc or items)

As I said above, punishments are very circumstantial and depend on a number of factors which will then lead into what measures of items 1 and 2 will work best.
If a long time member and veteran marketer is caught stealing and using textures we'd probably go straight to a ban. They should know better and so they get this punishment that will, as a side, hopefully help them reflect on what they did as wrong.

When a new user uses textures belonging to someone else then we don't want to go straight to a ban or maybe not even an infraction. For new users infraction warnings and verbal warnings are much more effective. We look to alert them to the fact that they are doing something wrong and explain why. If they cooperate after that then now they know for the future and the problem is solved. If they don't cooperate then we'd move onto to further punitive action.

All in all it comes down to a balance of what the best option will be in any circumstance taking into account the factors at hand.