Ranking
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
tbh I never liked traps at all. It feels super cheap to have any ability that is a guaranteed kill. Junk throws them down in the middle of their team or right around a corner, it's practically impossible to avoid them in a team fight, and very hard to avoid them when coming around a corner, especially since on most maps the enemy will be playing high ground so you can't just stare at the ground all day. It's super cheap.

I never get caught in Junkrat traps unless i'm at close range and he throws them at my feet..
they're incredibly easy to spot, and obvious where they would be placed
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I dunno how you can spot them in the middle of a team fight or if they are around the corner and you can't see them but ok good for you, the shit wrecks me I dash in to a team fight and gg he put one under the rein, or whatever. Guess you have better eyes than me.
If you have minions in your avy or sig DO NOT REPLY TO MY POSTS
If you were stepping on the traps previously, then the dash change wouldn't have done anything. The change only makes it so slash dash doesn't destroy the trap if genji uses it and it paths over it.

Genji can still flank and be mobile, the change just limits his combat mobility, where he was arguably oppressive.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Actually the change says "No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap", you cannot dash through the trap any more, you have to stop and hit it 4 times or go another way. So previously if with your eagle eyes you could spot the trap in the middle of a team fight, now you can't dash over it, you can't jump over it, you might be able to kill it if you could somehow get 4 clear shots at it...

Uh? The double-jump-after-climb nerf doesn't affect his combat mobility, or are you double jumping wall running then double jumping DURING COMBAT? Come on, during combat everyone either sticks to the deck so they can evade better, or jump to dodge AoE, no one spams double jump into wall run into double jump... I never even saw any top Genjis do that (eg Shadder, Surefour, Seagul, etc). Tbh I think it would be more harmful than beneficial since you will have to fall so far afterwards... Can you honestly say this is something you do? The only thing I heard people cry about is that his swift strike can refresh on elim. For some reason people think this is worse than Tracer for no reason... Maybe if they gave Genji a sweet ass and made him not Jap then people wouldn't complain so much.

Yes Genji can still flank, but his mobility is serverly limited. Most of the short cuts require you to jump jump climb and then jump, which he can't do now. He will have to burn a swift strike. As you know, having swift strike on cooldown sucks since that is both your escape and your burst damage ability. Having to burn it to get close to combat means that you are going to be sitting around a lot more waiting for cooldown, and if you happen to take a shortcut and someone is there? gg you die. It's unnecessarily punishing for something basic like moving around - Tracer can save up to 3 charges (with 2 second cooldown), Reaper can wraith form to safety and even grab health, but Genji typically just dies if he is caught without his escape and in a bad position... He's already exceedingly punishing, and I get that it's supposed to raise the skill ceiling, but it's kind of absurd at this point.

Plus it's really cancer to try and play on PTR. Give it a shot and try and jump, climb a wall, then jump. You can do it, but you have to hold space after the first jump. Is this a good change? No way in hell, it's just 100% cancer. No one wants to jump facing away from walls and holding space, it's stupid. Even if they had a separate button for wall climb (which is also stupid...) it's still going to be a pain in the ass compared to just climbing the wall normally.
genji isn't op, and deadeye isn't better than dragonblade you fucking moron

genji still has a niche role that he can succeed in, he was just a bit overnerfed with the triple jump change

his combo nerf isn't that massive, but it reduces his ability to fight tracer a lot

ult nerf was totally justified

I need my triple jump back though, that shit made the hero so much more enjoyable

also @oracle, the triple jump nerf is absolutely more than a combat nerf, it changed a lot of his options and routes that he could take

also idk why you think triple jump was that amazing in combat, or that genji was ever oppressive in the first place, he's typically outshined by other dps as long as the enemy team/mccree can aim or group up
Last edited by THIGGIST; Aug 23, 2016 at 04:42 AM.
the only thing i see wrong with this ptr patch is the fact that hanzo has bigger hitboxes
genji's ult nerf is fine and i see the combo jump as a loss in mobility but for combat situations it wasn't needed
the only way for a good genji to do better than a good mcree or soldier or any other dps is to hit every shot
as thiggist said, his role is super specific and isn't too worth the risk unless, especially after his insta kill nerf

idk about anyone else, but soldier feels easier than ever to play and i do better than any good mcree i play with
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
hanzo has bigger hitboxes

As if Hanzo wasn't an issue enough, they had to go and make him even more OP.
The Geese is Leese!
Shouldn't be hobo, maybe you just improved.

Originally Posted by THIGGIST View Post
genji isn't op, and deadeye isn't better than dragonblade you fucking moron

lol I don't think that's true at all. Deadeye is a huge zoning ulti and requires immediate and definite response. Dragon blade is only useful in a combo with your team and Genji risks dying (which is terrible for a toon that is supposed to flank and outplay).

In any situation in a pro game that Genji can get kills with dblade, a mccree would be better in the same situation. Executing supports? Mccree doesn't even need to ulti, he kills them faster than Genji does even without ulti. Cleaning up in a team fight? Just dead eye and after 1.2 seconds wipe anyone with 200hp, meanwhile Genji has to dive in at point blank and takes 2 slashes per person at least...

McCrees ulti isn't as bad as you think and DEFINITELY not as bad as dragonblade. At the very least you risk nothing by using deadeye whilst dragonblade is a suicide mission even if the enemy is heavily cc'd.

his combo nerf isn't that massive, but it reduces his ability to fight tracer a lot

20% damage nerf. Though as of a couple of days ago Tracer has already pulled away as by far the best flanker. She has better pick rate in comp and more than double (triple?) in tournaments. It looks like her insane damage and mobility were the tipping point, not to mention her crazy ulti that can 1 hit most heroes and charges in seconds thanks to 900 charge needed @_@

You need to be insane to land combo on a tracer, or maybe the tracer is just terrible, they won't fight you in melee since at 11 meters she deals full damage and can burst the Genji down in 1 magazine (2 if the Tracer can't aim).

ult nerf was totally justified

On the basis that his ulti was already worst in the game and worse than many hero's regular attacks (not to mention secondary abilities) I'd say that's totally not true, but I know that reddit thinks he gets too many potg and that nerfing the hero is easier than changing the algorithm.

It's already bad enough that Genji has to go on a suicide mission to even use his ulti, but now the payoff isn't even theoretically better than other ultis, there's no saving grace other than it makes Genji viable because he has at least some minor way to contribute to team fights - it's better than nothing, but only marginally.

more than a combat nerf

Triple jump has 0 practical usage in combat and about as much theoretical usage because it makes him easier to hit than just walking. The only exception I can think of is panic double jumping with deflect then using wall run to cancel and wanting to jump afterwards.
Originally Posted by NinjaVenom View Post
As if Hanzo wasn't an issue enough, they had to go and make him even more OP.

Hanzo was pretty much useless as a reliable DPS source since the previous hitbox nerf.
Tolerable if you have space to breath, the low tickrates help at longer ranges, but if theres a reaper/genji/tracer (which there always is) sneaking around being a nuisance, you're dead if you dont land that first hit.

His utility is usefull, but the cooldown on his recon arrow isnt good enough to make him viable and his ulti only useful for zoning.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
As I mentioned previously, the reason I viewed genji as problematic was the combination of mobility, essentially temporary invulnerability on a short cd, and the ability to 100-0 more than half the cast with a reset combo.

His ult lasting 8 seconds was deserving of a nerf, considering he instantly forces you to pay attention to him and he's likely coming from behind, which forces you to divert attention from an opposing push. He didn't need 8 seconds of weebstick waving to accomplish what he needed as a flanker, and it often let him just clean up entire teams because of the leniency that time window afforded him.

And tracer needing a nerf is not a justification to leave genji in his previous state. He needed to be hit somewhere, I'd rather they hit him hard and compensate later than take a light approach and not solve the problem.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games