Toribash
Original Post
on the topic of replay making
is there any way i can get more accustomed to, instead of just spacing based on what ghost says, actually plan out shit? i butcher every replay because i can't think ahead. any replies would be nice (as long as relevant) i only do what ghost says then take it from there. i can't plan shit out

another thing *edit
I have never been able to jump at all on -30 gravity. any tips for that please? (btw thanks all for replies so far)
Last edited by stevepeter; Jan 26, 2015 at 12:45 AM.
Your ghost can be both your best friend and enemy. Try to use P to stop at a certain moment and E to edit your replay from there and just experiment a lot.
This is honestly just a matter of preference.

Some people find it easier to plan a replay in advance, sometimes thinking out basically every single move beforehand (cough NutHug cough)

Personally, I don't do that much planning at all, besides in the immediate future. Say you're hitting uke, but then parts of his body go flying away that you'll want to hit later. It's a good idea to edit that hit so that the body parts fly to a more convenient position. Otherwise, I just look at the ghost, mess around, and if it looks like I'm going to look cool I roll with it.

Certain types of replays take lots more planning, and I think realism replaymakers do a lot more thinking ahead than I do.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Dick around and figure out how to move joints in a way that you enjoy. If you hate a style don't try to re-create it.
From there find different things to do, expand on that style you enjoy and make it your own.

ex. spin2win
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
make sure that you perfect what you were trying to do before you move on so that later you dont have to start all over beause you dont like your first punch
-----
And larfen when I make a realism replay I tend to think more about the past an if what I'm doing works with what I have done
Last edited by Zorow; Jan 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj