Toribash
Original Post
Campaign mode

discord

TL;DR: This is a place where we discuss campaign / story mode.
Feel free to suggest anything that comes to your mind.
Last edited by sir; May 18, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
So is this basically just a revamped tutorial? I wouldn't really call it 'campaign'

The way the game is built makes it pretty hard to challenge someone with premade moves such as the current tutorial uke, with the right move set you can DQ uke within 3-4 turns with any opener he uses, so I don't think a 'campaign' mode would be a good name for it, rather an advanced / revamped tutorial

I would gladly help with creating moves for Uke to use though, depending on what you guys do.
Last edited by McFarbo; May 18, 2018 at 09:59 PM.
I made a video on the general idea, it's not really just a tutorial. Its a list of tasks to do

Example spar/fighting levels:

Level 1 - Punch the target
Level 2 - Kick the target
Level 3 - Take down 2 targets

As it goes on it gets more advanced, maybe even moving targets etc

As for parkour, it can be like:

Level 1 - Run 500 distance
Level 2 - Run 1000 Distance
Level 3 - Jump over the obstacle

Imagine this going into the hundreds with many levels to do, getting harder and more challenging as it goes on. This is the concept I'm working with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhjDoT7c5M
I wouldn't call this a campaign either. If there was a story, then maybe.

I've always wanted a Toribash Story Mode (hence the Video Series I made on Youtube). Similar to this idea but there is a narrative and characters for the player to progress through.

But without the narrative or story, but just challenges and levels. It'd just be a revamped tutorial, as McFarbo has stated.
or a "Toribash Challenge Mode".

But if you want Ideas for a story mode, i'd say you could do cut scenes in the way that Jisse keyframed his John Wick replay so you can have jump cuts and camera pans and movements. Each Cutscene can be like a replay. And when you play story mode or download it, or however it will come, it'll be a large list of replay cutscenes. And you have to do something to unlock or gain access to the next replay, (scene/part of story) And use the dialogue in the Toribash Tutorials the pop up when you do something or just the general text area, to insert dialogue. Maybe even Responses to questions could be similar to typing in commands. But that'd make it a little more complicated.

I'm not quite sure how easy or hard any of that would be, it's just a theory.

You can have mods made for different scenes/levels. And Textures made, for characters in the story mode.
if you need story ideas or someone on the team to create/organize/map stories, it's basically what I've been doing for the past 4 years on this game. So just let me know.

If you're worried about choosing too much tutorial or too much story mode, just include the tutorial at the beginning of the Story Mode or plant them throughout.
Last edited by matarika; May 18, 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by Daeyyn View Post
I made a video on the general idea, it's not really just a tutorial. Its a list of tasks to do

Example spar/fighting levels:

Level 1 - Punch the target
Level 2 - Kick the target
Level 3 - Take down 2 targets

As it goes on it gets more advanced, maybe even moving targets etc

As for parkour, it can be like:

Level 1 - Run 500 distance
Level 2 - Run 1000 Distance
Level 3 - Jump over the obstacle

Imagine this going into the hundreds with many levels to do, getting harder and more challenging as it goes on. This is the concept I'm working with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhjDoT7c5M

This is essentially just a tutorial as I stated, if you want a campaign you're going to need a legitimate story line, this is where 2v2 could come into play. You and Uke vs 2 other 'new' characters

There could even be multiple characters with new designs and names

But as it stands right now this is a tutorial revamp
I guess if the campaign mode uses uke and move memory they will easily fall down. But i remember some mods that doesnt use uke, just a simple tori-like object who can dodge moves. I didn't remember the name of that mod xD
I don't think they meant re-vamped tutorial. They mean an actual campaign mode where levels need to be completed to go on to the next challenge.

Parkour levels and running would be easy to establish. Set up obstacles and make the player touch an object to win.

I guess the running challenges or parkour challenges can be set-up easily.

I like the idea of using the ninja target level. "Knockdown (x) number of targets." It focuses on movement and attacking, it's pretty balanced.

Maybe a throwing or kicking challenge?
Throwing a ball at a target. Kicking a ball into a goal.
Then increasing the difficulty by shrinking the target and goal sizes. or off-setting them at an angle.

Maybe later on in the parkour challenges, reaching the end goal before a certain number of turn-frames.
I am evil.