Ranking
Original Post
Taking song requests
Yo.

I'm trying to build some longer sets to do in pubs, but I don't know what kind of shit you kids listen to nowadays. Give me some song ideas, and if I think they're do-able, I'll give them a shot and record it.

To give you a sense of my voice and what might fit, here's something I whipped earlier; 'All of my life' by Kevin Morby.
Last edited by Ele; Sep 21, 2018 at 04:12 AM.
folkhouse maybe?

Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
@Alpha
If I were to cover this in a bar, we'd just be left with the acoustic guitar instrumentally (there's no drum machines or synths). For the BUNT song you linked, it wouldn't really affect it that much, probably end up sounding like some stripped back Mumford & Songs type thing, but I gather that's not what you were suggesting.

I do like folktronica though, as a possible future genre I wanna explore on a record. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to spend a lot more time practicing on Logic before I can make anything that sounds decent, like this guy.

@Quack
Yeah, I can't cover that in a pub.
You gotcha! On it's way.
---
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1MZs6oAA6XD
Gonna sharpen it up and give it another go in a few days.
Last edited by Ele; Sep 22, 2018 at 04:47 AM.
Since you actually did cover my song (good job btw, pls get a better mic and a noise gate), here's another for you. Played this with my guitar teacher back in the day.

It's a tad technical on the guitar, so you might have to sample the vocals separately.

Newton Faulkner - All I Got

Last edited by Swepples; Sep 29, 2018 at 06:03 AM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ehh, I don't think that's a song I'd put in my set. I've already got enough obscure covers, so I'm looking for songs that most people know - Pub bangerz, yeh? Dream Catch Me by Faulkner would fit that bill nicely I reckon. Want me to give that one a go?

I suppose (sigh) I could plug in my interface and mic for the next one...
Last edited by Ele; Sep 29, 2018 at 07:57 AM.
You could always put a really mainstream rock/metal song and just translate it to your acoustic playstyle. I'm sure people would enjoy a highway to hell cover now and then B)
It definitely looses the tension during the gig as well. I wish I had the courage to play for an audience...

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I suppose (sigh) I could plug in my interface and mic for the next one...

Fuck yeah it aint that bad...
Last edited by Swepples; Oct 1, 2018 at 01:10 AM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?

I think you can put this into an acoustic pretty good. It's pretty mainstream as well.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]