ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The Devil Wears Prada
I thought id make a thread about these, they are my favourite band right now, and i wanted to see what you guys think of them.

i used to listen to them when they were an underground band, and i stopped for a while, forgetting about them.The release of "Plagues" made me start listening to them again, and recently, they released a new album, "With Roots Above And Branches Below" which, imho, is absolutely epic! The one thing about this band though, is that half their song titles make no sense, E.g: "Reptar,King Of The Ozone" " Assistant to the regional manger" "You Can't Spell Crap Without 'C'" " Don't Dink and Drance" "This Song Is Called" and my favourite song name, "HTML I Rulez Dood"

Also, If You Dont Like Them, Dont Just Post " I hate these, they can suck my Balls", Give Reasons, And im less likely to point out the flaws in typical music ;)
It's a Christian Metalcore band.

For fucking scene trash.

I can always count on the Scene kids to listen to shitty music. If you're like "omg i luv DINOSAWRS RAWWWRRRR :3 OMG IM SO RANDUMMM" You're music taste is automatically shit to me.

So if you're wearing A Devil Wears Prada shirt, you're just telling everyone how much of a douche you are with shitty music taste.
Last edited by Klyke; May 20, 2009 at 05:03 AM.
The neighborhood douchebag.
For your information, im not scene, if im anything, im emo, but tbh, im just me. i dont go around acting like something im not, i just listen to what ever sounds good, and tbh, half of DWP's stuff is better than normal chart music, because its not got any effects to make the singing sound better etc.

you opinions are your opinions, but if i were you, i would start taking music for what it is, rather than what type of people listen to it.
I don't listen to what everybody else listens to.

Half my music collection my friends hate because "I've never heard of this band they must sux". But come on. You have to agree. Scene kids usually have the worst possible taste in music. BrokenCyde? Really? They love that shit because "OH MY GOD ITS SO RANDUMMM!!! SCREAMO RAP OMGOMGOGMGW)EHW$".

They pretty much latch onto something and will call everyone a "hater" if you don't like said band.

I don't like The Devil Wears Prada mainly because of the fans will call you a "Gay fagget" if you don't like them. And that pisses me off.

If you want real Metalcore. Listen to Converge or Between the Buried And Me.
i understand what you are saying now, and to some extent, i do agree, but you could have put it across better in the first post ;) and yes......BrokenCyde Are shite :P
Even the movie was better.

Nah, to tell you the truth, I haven't heard of them.

But Klyke usually has the right idea.
HEy
Originally Posted by Klyke View Post
I don't listen to what everybody else listens to.

Half my music collection my friends hate because "I've never heard of this band they must sux". But come on. You have to agree. Scene kids usually have the worst possible taste in music. BrokenCyde? Really? They love that shit because "OH MY GOD ITS SO RANDUMMM!!! SCREAMO RAP OMGOMGOGMGW)EHW$".

They pretty much latch onto something and will call everyone a "hater" if you don't like said band.

I don't like The Devil Wears Prada mainly because of the fans will call you a "Gay fagget" if you don't like them. And that pisses me off.

If you want real Metalcore. Listen to Converge or Between the Buried And Me.

If you don't listen to stuff just because other people do, you are more of a tool than them, imo.

[T]
#hi

well said ishi, and puffbunny, try listening ti them, cause klyke has his own opinion, as do you
Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
If you don't listen to stuff just because other people do, you are more of a tool than them, imo.

No. I'm not some hipster who hates when music gets popular.

I like mainstream music.

I don't like crappy bands because they're "different" and "new" when there is some other band that sounds 10x better.
Last edited by Klyke; May 20, 2009 at 05:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Klyke View Post
No. I'm not some hipster who hates when music gets popular.

I like mainstream music.

I don't like crappy bands because they're "different" and "new" when there is some other band that sounds 10x better.

But usually mainstream bands are as the name states, really mainstream.
What does it take to be a mainstream band? You have to please people other than a small group of scene kids. That usually means compromises between music and the Top X charts. Listening to "unknown" bands doesn't always mean that the listener is trying to be "different". They just happen to like music that still has some edge.

Im not saying that mainstream music is bad, but bands that were succesful in the underground "scene" and then got a deal with a major label usually need to make their music fit within the boundaries of Mainstream. Some rare bands can pull it off, most cant.
But if a band's music is already "mainstream" when they break they don't really have to alter anything so they don't have to compromise.

Compromises rarely work in music.

Sorry for the Off topic.

EDIT: On topic I haven't heard from Devil Wears Prada but if it's metalcore it can't be better than Agnostic Front's Liberty and Justice.

EDIT: Ok I listened a few songs of Devil Wears Prada and they suck. Listen to Integrity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-r0h6yXSq8
Last edited by DaBandito; May 20, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay