people playing: 143, servers online: 40, games played: 136,470,366 Top Player: noca

  Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Music/Movie Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 6, 2017   #1
mwah
EVOLVED
 
Custom Belt
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115



know any free hq music production programs?
please share, looking for something easy to use with a lot of possibilities

if no free ones available that are good, I'd like some suggestions on low cost programs as well
mwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017   #2
Pimp
Forumite
 
Aaah rum zum zum Belt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,216



fl studio demo
audacity is shitty for attempting to make a scrim typebeat
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017   #3
Shockey
#Shockey
 
kyure is a N Belt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,155
Clan: Alpha



this is what i use to make my beats
Shockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017   #4
cowmeat
Forumite
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,689
Clan: Alpha



If you are actually interested in getting deeper into music production I would recommend Reaper. If you are only doing electronic/sample music FL studio is good for that, but is very limited for recording/mixing.
For recording and mixing Reaper is great. It's as good as pro tools for recording and mixing while 10 times cheaper. You can try it out for free and the license for students/non-commercial use is only like 70 bucks.

If you have a mac, logic pro is the easiest and probably the most common music production tool. I personally don't like it at all but it's very easy to use and is good for writing music.
cowmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017   #5
Itzanovich
Member
 
Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Clan: Virtue



I myself just write sheets/tabs and perform with some friends, but if I ever need a DAW I generally use Reaper or Ableton Live.
If you just want to mess around, try GarageBand, I guess?
Itzanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017   #6
mwah
EVOLVED
 
Custom Belt
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115



Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
fl studio demo
audacity is shitty for attempting to make a scrim typebeat

I used audacity to record audio, but I don't even think it has the capability of production
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
If you are actually interested in getting deeper into music production I would recommend Reaper. If you are only doing electronic/sample music FL studio is good for that, but is very limited for recording/mixing.
For recording and mixing Reaper is great. It's as good as pro tools for recording and mixing while 10 times cheaper. You can try it out for free and the license for students/non-commercial use is only like 70 bucks.

If you have a mac, logic pro is the easiest and probably the most common music production tool. I personally don't like it at all but it's very easy to use and is good for writing music.

it looks interesting, I actually need it for commercial use though, so I'd have to get that $200 version.
mwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2017   #7
cowmeat
Forumite
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,689
Clan: Alpha



Originally Posted by mwah View Post
I used audacity to record audio, but I don't even think it has the capability of production

it looks interesting, I actually need it for commercial use though, so I'd have to get that $200 version.

Well any professional software for music production does cost a decent amount of money. Reaper is pretty much the cheapest DAW on the market. I personally have used it for a year now (switched from pro tools) and haven't looked back.
Also what kind of commercial use are we talking about, different software work best for different functions.
cowmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2017   #8
mwah
EVOLVED
 
Custom Belt
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115



selling beats
mwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2017   #9
cowmeat
Forumite
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,689
Clan: Alpha



Originally Posted by mwah View Post
selling beats

Well it'll be a while before you get to the level of producing that people actually want to pay for your music.
But for that I would recommend FL studio, ableton or logic.
cowmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2017   #10
Moonshake
no.
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,378
Clan: Tribe



if i could learn how to use fl studio in 6th grade, you can learn it anytime
has easily one of the best workflows, if not the best, for beat making imo
>:)
Moonshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game