ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Discord Moderators
#Art beeing abused as #offtopic. #toribash conversations without having any relations to Toribash and general nonsense.

Should be obvious that the server is cancerous at certain times and it'd be nice to have the situation a little more controlled.

There should be persons watching the server and taking consequences like giving out mutes etc.
Doesn't even have to be SM, HS or some other Staff position, just an active discord member that can be trusted.

Don't get me wrong I don't want the server to turn into a strict No-Fun-Allowed area. Sure it happens that a conversation drifts from the topic a bit or something like that. But... Some people just have to cross the line

*Note, I'm aware staff occasionally say something aswell sometimes
Last edited by Fluxorious; Mar 22, 2018 at 09:22 PM.
HS+ can mute, smod+ can kick/ban (i believe).

It might be useful to have a couple additional "discord cops" that can mute, but also the manpower is there to moderate chat, just thats not in anyones job description.
ES, MS, CS and HS have the ability to mute/kick users from the server if things get out of hand. SMods can also step in if an issue requires a harsher course of action to be taken or an issue escalates further. So IMO there's no need - most staff members act as mini-moderators in the server anyways.
Yup, knew that. But it really doesn't happen often. And I don't blame them for it either, that's not their main task.

But as Pouffy said, additional "Discord Cops" would be nice. That keep the messages in the channels they belong to
Have noticed a lot of spam in the sub-channels, I also feel as if they dont get enough moderation so I encourage the "Discord Cops" idea. That or just inform current staff to moderate those better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
We have staff for that. I'll run it by the other staff to see if we can get a better presence in the other servers.

Although I am not entirely opposed to the idea, I just don't think its necessary.

i miss you ocean
It's not like #off-topic or #art are absolutely horrible all the time, it's just that, well, there are some people who post stuff that we'd rather not see in an official discord channel - and we deal with these people.

While I don't see a reason to have a new moderator role added for our discord server, if you think you'd be a good moderator there (and you are actually active there), feel free to send me a PM with an application.