ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ping in tourney
I'm not too sure if this has been suggested before and i'm sorry if it did have anyways here is what i suggest:
I have been seeing alot of general reports concerning force pinging in the automatic tourneys, wouldn't not allowing the player to enter back if he pings during his match be the right thing to do? It would clear up quite a few general reports.
Let me know what you guys think.
hi
If the player ping duranting the match i agree, he have to don't join again! but if he's on the room and not playing, he can join back! :v
Originally Posted by LeB3ast View Post
You can force ping yourself. You basically just have to disable Wi-Fi on your computer and poof you ping. This is what a force ping is.

Thats not really pinging from a server its read as a ping, a ping is really only lag, that is disconncting technically, not a ping though read as one. I
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Thats not really pinging from a server its read as a ping, a ping is really only lag, that is disconncting technically, not a ping though read as one. I

You sir, Do not know what a force ping in toribash means. It's when you disconnect ( By disabling internet connection ) before you lose to play a rematch, and this is against the rules.
Bringer of Hell
Originally Posted by Seihareach View Post
You sir, Do not know what a force ping in toribash means. It's when you disconnect ( By disabling internet connection ) before you lose to play a rematch, and this is against the rules.

You just said that is when you disconnect it's not actually a ping still, I said it's read as a ping; this is only because though, that it happens so fast. I just wont call it a force ping because you can't actually force a ping to occur its lag, I still call it disconnecting, that is all that I am saying here.
I think that if you ping during a automatic tourney during your match, it should be counted as a loss and you will be unable to re-enter. If you ping while sitting in the queue, then there is no reason that you should not be able to enter the queue again. There could be some problems with setting this idea up though. As of now the current system should stay until a better one is created. There are some people who legitimately ping, and then there are those who do not. Even the people who do force ping, are not guaranteed a win, so sometimes people force ping for nothing. As a side note, force pinging is against the rules, and is a punishable offense if you get caught. So if someone wants to force ping, be my guest.

Not supported unless a fair alternative method is found.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
You just said that is when you disconnect it's not actually a ping still, I said it's read as a ping; this is only because though, that it happens so fast. I just wont call it a force ping because you can't actually force a ping to occur its lag, I still call it disconnecting, that is all that I am saying here.

Then call it what ever the hell you want. This thread is pointed directly to force pings. You can't just rename something to something else then have everybody else call "Force ping" as "Disconnect" like you.

Btw, i think i should an idea to this. Maybe if the person pings too many times ( Even if he's not fighting ), He should not be able to enter. Since he has bad internet connection, it will lag everyone else as well.
Bringer of Hell
this is late but you know what i thing i think people are going to h8 me after i say this and accuse me of fping but the problem with this is some times you just ping i have terrible internet so i ping some times and some times its when im about to lose (sometimes its when im making an amazing save but some people think im just pinging cause i know im about to loose this infuriates me) any way i do agree fpingers should be punished but not banned from servers permanently maybe they could be find something like 5% of there tc not permanently banned and if you do ban them at least make it a 3 hour ban
Trying