Ranking
Thought I might bump this because the beta was released 57 minutes ago and is available to play for everyone.

Downloaded it, Installed it, CANT PLAY IT FUUUUU
too many people on, have any idea's when they will raise the cap?
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
Downloaded it, Installed it, CANT PLAY IT

Same here, they don't support Microsoft XP Service Pack #2, guess I'll have to install #3
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
finished the game in like 2 hours, very small beta. I suggest trying witch doctor that guy was awesome to play and I am definitely going to buy this game
Am I the only one who was kind of disappointed by this?

While I do sort of enjoy the new skill system, I feel that the whole game is dumbed down for American kids who can't even wipe their own arse without consulting a tutorial on youtube. You get achievements for every little shit you do, which makes them worthless and even annoying at times.

The game has also lost some of it's darker atmosphere in a way and it tries too hard to get it back. Not to mention how unstable the servers are ( yeah, I know it's a beta but I have played a lot of Closed and Open Betas, and even Alphas) and that if you are offline you cannot play even the SP campaign.

I don't know, maybe it gets better after a bit. Maybe that's how I felt the first time I played Diablo 2 and then grew into it or maybe I'm just not in the mood for it. I'll wait for a review or two before buying it, otherwise I think I'll get Path of Exile's 50 bucks bundle. I wish there was an open weekend or something for it too so I can see how it is first. But, for now, Path of Exile seems like a much, much better choice.
Last edited by Zalmoxis; Apr 22, 2012 at 05:18 AM.
I'm disappointed.

There's definitely less room for metagame character builds. Sure, you can pick and choose, but you can't build truly specialized characters.

And I know this because there's an open beta weekend, uhm, RIGHT NOW.
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
Am I the only one who was kind of disappointed by this?

Doesn't feel like diablo. Diablo (anyone remember d2?) was all about wide open combat, not this...

Also, the game isn't fast paced at all (DiabloII 200 fcr (faster cast rate) sorceress PvP anyone?) Don't get me wrong its fun, just not what I expected (and I didn't expect a Diablo 2.5)For now the builds seem boring compared to d2 ones, lemme get a list of some fun d2 builds up:

-Auradin (run around killing things, I meant it, run around, not even hitting with a sword..., this is very, very fun and effective, with variants such as firedin and dreamdin)
-Singer barb (spam battle orders, average but really fun)
-Tri-elemental sorc (Very fun)
-Bow Barb (pretty strong when build right)
-Bow rabbies druid (very, very fun)
-Close Quarters sorceress (75k damage)
-etc.

In diablo 3, I really can't see any builds that can make a character unique (maybe because its a beta, but I got a feeling it will stay like this) About the open beta.. I basically couldn't play because the servers where down for a decent amount of time, the player cap also kept me from playing, I finally got lucky and played it though.

Disappointed, still going to buy the game just to test it out and have fun lan parties with friends (assuming PvP is still was it used to be and not some slow paced action...Yes, in diablo 2 the PvP community is very strong as the game requires close to no skill once you played it once)
Last edited by Liquidoom; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Hate to burst your bubble but PvP won't be available anytime soon after launch. D3 won't be launched with PvP, it will be added in a patch "when it's done" and Blizzard promised it before the summer, so expect it anytime between fall and next year lol. Plus, there is no LAN on D3, just internet, so the LAN parties won't be as fun as before.

And yes, the build will stay exactly the same for all characters, with little to no personal input on what your character does. Not to mention the fact that you can't even add attributes to your character, the game automatically does that for you.

Anyways, I personally recommend you guys to have a look at Path of Exile. It is basically Diablo 2 v2, with a huge skill tree ( and I mean immense) with loads of stuff in it, plus it's free ( CBT now though). And since it's free, new content will always be added with no additional charges ( their business model will be like LoL's, paying just for stuff that looks nice but doesn't help you ingame at all).