Toribash
Original Post
Fl0w mod
I see a lot of talk about striking mods and wushu going on...why dont we make a good competitive mod for all to enjoy.

Wushu for me is to floaty. To slow and to hard to get a good kick or punch.

The topic of this threa is to give say what settings would the ideal mod have for you.

I will start and state what my ideal mod would be.

So. For me it would be:

Dojo based mod

Walls or half walls surrounding the dojo

30 or 40 tf...id go with 40. 50 is to much imo

1000-1200 mf i like it long

Dq timeout...i just love a dq timeout. 40 frames seems nice. With 30 you just dq to often

Ed. I love a ed thet cant be used for openers. So most of it improv. I mean no 1 move hits and no croutching down like a bitch and waiting for the other to come. Something resonable. Not sure about this part...

Dm threshold should be like lenshu. Rk is random and you get stupid dms

Gravity. I like rk gravity. Lenshu is harder to comeback. Wushu is to floaty and you get stuc in the air.

What are your choises guys?

Score... I dont rlly care about pointsystems...but i like big numbers. Also i like the kicks to legs to give me points. Everything i land id like to give points
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Well, the point is, we can't really make a mod that unifies all tastes, for example, I stay away from dojos and cages, I don't really like being limited, gravity and turn frames, well there's always that, you use 50 frames for wushu lookalikes, 30 for lenshu, etc.
Hard to please everybody and there're always variations, like the 3 striking reborn mods. Personally I don't like the DQ timeout, but that's me.

I think we can't please all, yes, everybody can adapt, but there's always everyones preferences.
武术
Serenity
You are dead to me
True...
Then make an imaginotyion exercise and tell me what your fav mod would look like
-----
Imaginotyion lol
Damn keyboard
Last edited by Insanity; Feb 22, 2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pm me for deals
I propose this, each one of us create a mod as we would like to be and fits our playstyle and then we play it between us in Kane's striking room.
武术
Serenity
You are dead to me
So im not in fl0w but i like striking mods so sorry for the invade

i have an interesting mod called pfy_shuwip05.tbm that showcases a few interesting things you can do, like increase the force you retain when u come into contact with any surfaces, an overhead lattice, an updated point system, shorter tf for the first2 or 3 turns to help you counter openers, and making some bodyparts dq-resistant

other things i havent made mods for, like making walls/floors do damage if you hit them, only dqing when you hit a wall/floor super hard & only for certain bodyoarts, like maybe just the torso, making only some bodyparts completley anti-grav - like maybe you make the limbs anti-grav and make the rest of the body heavier or something

these are all new things though, and maybe you won't want to try things you're not familiar with
@pouffyI remember playing your mod with the lattice over a year ago when u were in the middle of developing it.It was a very good,modern mod then and i guess its even better now.
Would be cool if u would post a dllink.
Sadly,as with most (good) mods, they never get the attention they deserve because people just keep playing abd,lenshu,tk.(im not better in that regard but im here to play and not to wait for people to play a certain mod with me)

Still, if we should deceide to make a mod together(as a clan) i would come back to you to make this mod(will pay you ofcourse).

Also, since u are an experienced modder,a question.
In my knockout thread demi posted a script,healthbar.lua, wich forces your tori to relaxall when your bar is empty.
Is it possible to trigger a win when the bar is depleted or is it possible to trigger a win when you have reached a certain amount of points?

@insanity:

I am sometimes thinking about the following mod.

-gravity-a little less than in lenshu.
-turn frames 25,25,50,25,25,50......(the idea behind that is to use the lower turnframes to -set up an attack and the long turnframes to close the gap in one turn)
-dojo or walls im not sure about that
-20 frames dq timeout is pretty much perfect imo
-dm threshold-like lenshu
-ed-not sure yet

As yuensiu said ,lets just do our mods for ourself and try it out.
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
@pouffyI remember playing your mod with the lattice over a year ago when u were in the middle of developing it.It was a very good,modern mod then and i guess its even better now.
Would be cool if u would post a dllink.
Sadly,as with most (good) mods, they never get the attention they deserve because people just keep playing abd,lenshu,tk.(im not better in that regard but im here to play and not to wait for people to play a certain mod with me)

Still, if we should deceide to make a mod together(as a clan) i would come back to you to make this mod(will pay you ofcourse).

Also, since u are an experienced modder,a question.
In my knockout thread demi posted a script,healthbar.lua, wich forces your tori to relaxall when your bar is empty.
Is it possible to trigger a win when the bar is depleted or is it possible to trigger a win when you have reached a certain amount of points?

thanks it means a lot that you liked it

as far as whether you can trigger a win via script, it's not possible in tb. the best you could do is probably beg somebody important to make the script autoload when you load a mod for anybody who has it downloaded (and even make the case to sir to try to get it into the predl'ed scripts). At that point, hopefully dq will cause the knocked out person to lose.

afaik scripted mods are being heavily considered for tb next, so it'll probably be possible there.
Originally Posted by Pouffy View Post
thanks it means a lot that you liked it

as far as whether you can trigger a win via script, it's not possible in tb. the best you could do is probably beg somebody important to make the script autoload when you load a mod for anybody who has it downloaded (and even make the case to sir to try to get it into the predl'ed scripts). At that point, hopefully dq will cause the knocked out person to lose.

afaik scripted mods are being heavily considered for tb next, so it'll probably be possible there.

You are the guy we worked with at rmo for the rk like mod but with 4 blocks of wall on the sides.

This guy knows hes modding. Thumbs up.
Pm me for deals
First off, I think it is a great idea to do our own mod. It could be an important move for us.

We should also work on the looks of the mod just as much as the mechanics in my opinion! It should also give something new. I don't know what you guys think, but maybe we should wait for tb next?
Your messed up world enthrills me
2020 it is then ) jk
I kinda gree with youensiu...you can't please everybody
But we can make a bunch of mods, like you guys did for striking reborn. To bad that org died.
Pm me for deals