Ranking
I guess I'll take it back to the store then :/

I'd like to get some advice on headphones again... pretty much same as last time except for a few things:

Price: Approx $150 AUD,
Genre preference: Funk, Jazz, Rock
Where you will be using it: Pretty much everywhere
What you will be connecting it to: iPod/MacBook
What you will use it for: Mainly listening to music from laptop/iPod

I'd like a pair of headphones with some noise isolation and doesn't leak a lot of noise out... So I guess closed headphones are the go. Although I mainly want good sound, I'd like ones that are also comfortable and stylish. I'm after one that is moderately bassy but also with some good overall detail. I don't mind whether they are circumaural or supra aural.

Cheers again
[A L P H A]
If you are intending to buy local, ask these guys on their forum

Headphonic

Depending on what state you live in, they also have a store you can visit and try stuff out.

Also, depending what state you are in I might be able to sell you a pair of bassy headphones at a reasonable price (theyre getting repaired at the moment)
That site is awesome... Especially their 'top picks' thread

I'm thinking of getting either the Audio Technica ATH-ES7 (it just looks so cool) or the Shure SRH440. I live in Tassie so I'll order from their site... prices seem pretty decent!
[A L P H A]
Seems good to me.

The prices are all good for local sale, but some are not good if you are willing to import. Can't help that though, as it really depends on the price the manufacturers etc give them to him for and price fixing etc (eg the Sennheiser HD800 has something like a AU$1000 markup because of sennheiser and is restricted sale [cant advertise it online] because of syntec)

...anyway
Price range : $80CAN Maximum

Genre :
Hmm, Metal, NWOBHM Metal, Symphonic Metal, now and then, Jazz
Two songs that pretty much sum up my musical taste:

(Alternate version, Orignal is much better, Youtube is being all 'super cereal!' and fucking took down all the old originals regarding Sabbath apparently -.-.)
If for some bullshit reason they don't work out of hatred towards by some god-like creature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGlmkgK9Ykk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=236Lquwq22A

What you will be connecting it to : iPod Touch 2g - PC

What you will use it for :
Music, Hardcore gaming ( Somewhat decent example: I like to hear Dead Silence footsteps in COD4, if you've played COD4, I dunno.) And occasionally movies.

Other important factors :
I really like mah canalphones, I have something that looks like a SuperFi 4 ripoff atm (Left 'speaker' just died -.- ), pretty good quality too, $50 at Wal Mart like 2 years ago, not bad at all, friend of mine has a pair of Skullcandy canalphones, ish, thing, and mine are atleast 5times better in sound quality, but, as I don't really no the terms for this kinda thing, his phones' have more 'durable' bass? It doesn't drown out like on mine, its not louder, it just isn't being drowned out by all the other sounds etc.

...I've been looking at the Shure E2C and Vsonic RO4, been reading reviews, looking up shit, reading guides on how to choose good canalphones, and according to what I've read, E2C and RO4 are both great for Metal/Jazz/Heavy Drums etc.

So, any additions to those? Have I been reading shit reviews? Or which should I grab? eBay prices are what I'm going after, unless Online Store price is good, than I'd buy it from there, but realy, eBay gets me a bigger bang for my buck, if I'm lucky :O
Last edited by OveRK1LL; Apr 25, 2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added links incase video's don't work.
I'll have to think about it.

I'd stay away from shure unless you are going for durability rather than sound. Vonsic ro4 i havent heard, the ro2pro2 are great for the price.

You can get the chinese made stuff tahts good value for money for a good price

http://www.head-direct.com/index.php
here

You can also check head-fi for used sales.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
I'll have to think about it.

I'd stay away from shure unless you are going for durability rather than sound. Vonsic ro4 i havent heard, the ro2pro2 are great for the price.

You can get the chinese made stuff tahts good value for money for a good price

http://www.head-direct.com/index.php
here

You can also check head-fi for used sales.

Hmmm, RE0 look nice, $79 too, nice site.
And yeah, sound over comfort, definatly, so Shure are out the window, So RE0 or RO4.. Unless a good deal comes up for some amazing top earphones I'll probably grab the RE0's...or R04's..... Baaaaaw. R04's look a bit better quality than the RE0's, Maybe I just like the square shape, meh.
re0 is "high quality" sound, the vsonic (if theyre like the RO2pro2) is bassier and also quite good quality
Hey MOo.. very nice of you to make this thread. You seem quite knowledgeable, so I will see what you have to say here

I am a DJ, music producer, and pianist. Here are the uses:

-DJ mixing: pluging headphones in M-Audio Firewire Solo External soundcard.
*I need to have good isolation here, good bass but also crisp sound on all frequencies.
-Piano: Again here, I need a bright sound covering all frequencies
-Producing: My goal is to have something similar to the sound produced by studio speakers. Bright sound that gives a feeling of fullness in the room, and clear on all frequencies.

They should be somewhat comfortable, but that's not a big issue. As long as they don't keep feeling of my head when Im jumpin in the DJ booth
Price: 100$ more or less, just looking for a good value.
All you need is love.