people playing: 65, servers online: 20, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Penguin

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 5, 2018 Original Post  
-sir
Translations for Toribash
Hi!

We are looking for translations for the new UI (coming with Toribash 5.23).
Languages we're mainly looking for:

• Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • German
  • French
  • Russian

If you plan to work on a translation, please post in this thread and let us know what language you're taking.
In case you want to translate to an unlisted language, please post here as well.

Original English translation

Approved translations will be rewarded with Toricredits (1K TC per translated string). Translations can be submitted as tab-separated txt files, Google Tables or Excel Spreadsheet files.

Bit more info:

If there are any strings that look confusing (e.g. you can't understand when they're used / context is unclear), please ask here. It would be simpler for me to write additional explanations than having multiple users to fix their translations because they got the meaning wrong. Make sure you check the game client first though, chances are you'll understand the meaning better when you see a working example.

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
So you're not looking for languages besides the listed ones or any language is welcome?

Any language is welcome, but we'll need to find trusted users to confirm other translations before we can make sure they're ok to be used.
Quick note: the linked translation from OP is only to be used as a template, please don't request editing perms.

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
I can do Lithuanian but I suppose there wouldn't be many users to confirm it. However if you could find any use of it let me know and I'll get working on it.

Feel free to do a translation and then we'll look for other players to double-check after it's ready. This applies to everyone who can translate to an unlisted language.

Originally Posted by GrillePain View Post
for the spreadsheet, i do the translation on C board or i replace the B ?

C board is used for string descriptions when context is unclear. Use B board (though it doesn't really matter if you're using a table, I can always hide the unnecessary columns).

Last edited by sir; May 5, 2018 at 12:31 PM..
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2018   #91
-sir
German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian languages have been verified and I've just sent the TC for approved strings, thanks to everyone who submitted their translations!

We couldn't find people to verify other translations but some of them will be added with future versions of Toribash as "fan-made".
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2018   #92
Zeuuuuus
NON-EXISTING!

7th Dan Black Belt

If you need any help, I'm here.
Zeuuuuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2018   #93
McPunch7

2nd Dan Black Belt

A huge thanks to you sir
No Wall No Block