Toribash
Original Post
Let's Play: Might & Magic 8

"Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer is a computer role-playing game developed for Microsoft Windows by New World Computing and released in 2000 by the 3DO Company. It is the eighth game in the Might and Magic series. The game received poor reviews, with many critics citing the increasingly dated game engine, which had been left fundamentally unaltered since Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven in 1998. The character development system, spells, sound effects, many of the sprites, and even some gameplay tasks - including an Arcomage quest - were recycled from earlier games.

Unlike the previous two games in the series, however, Might and Magic VIII introduced a new party management system that allowed all but one of the five possible player characters to be dismissed at any time during gameplay. The character class system used in the previous two games has similarly been overhauled, with only the cleric and knight classes remaining. In place of the traditional class system, Might and Magic VIII features non-human player characters, including minotaurs, dragons, vampires, dark elves, and trolls, each of whom possesses traits unique to their particular race."

In my opinion, this game is so amazing. It sort of kicked off my rpg genre game playing. If you can get past the graphics and lack of music, this game is so captivating.

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========
I have VII here :d Its good
I has mad finger skills!
Property of [Discount_Death] 2nd Black
Originally Posted by Shlimmy View Post
I have MAM IV

epic game!

Oh boy, you got that right .

I love mm8 for the minigame in it, Arcomage. FUN ENSUES.

[RAWR]
You're kidding, right? I would never even try that game!

I think I'll stick with the REAL classics like Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy.
Psh, this is not even same style of those other RPG's. This is so much more expansive and captivating.

Take your nay-saying somewhere else.

[RAWR]
I had the demo for M&M II, it was so awesome even though the graphics were 2d. For a demo it sure did take up alot of my time...

The general basis of the game looks the same but im guessing its alot more in-depth than it used to be.

From the looks of it the game has come along way since then. If i see it around i might just pick it up.